Latest IoT technology advances highlighted at embedded world
Global provider of Machine-to-Machine (M2M) and Internet of Things (IoT) connectivity products and services, Digi International, has a range of key company activities and events taking place during embedded world. The event takes place in the Exhibition Centre Nuremberg, 14th-16th March 2017. Digi will be co-exhibiting its solutions in hall 3, booths 3-141 and 3-310. During the three-day event, Digi representatives will host a series of ongoing presentations and demonstrations featuring a number of Digi’s M2M and IoT products.
The company will be discussing its product innovations and offering details about its forthcoming ConnectCore for i.MX6UL Single Board Computers, the Digi XBee Cellular NB-IoT modem and product plans for the LoRa specification. Digi will also provide visitors with an opportunity to order ConnectCore for i.MX6UL Starter and Development kits.
“Digi International and Embedded World have a long history of introducing market-focused solutions that enable breakthrough realisation,” said Kevin C. Riley, Chief Operating Officer, Digi International. “As a premier global event, Embedded World is the perfect venue to introduce new products that move the IoT industry forward.”
Product introductions and demonstrations
Digi representatives will be showcasing current solutions, previewing upcoming products and conducting educational sessions including the following:
- ConnectCore 6UL System-on-Module (SOM) – ConnectCore for i.MX6UL SOM is designed as a secure and intelligent embedded platform tailored for device manufacturers building highly cost-effective and dependable connected devices without the traditional hardware or software design risk. Based on the NXP i.MX 6UltraLite applications processor, the module offers the patent-pending Digi SMTplus surface mount form factor which is just slightly larger than a postage stamp. It also features optional 802.11ac and Bluetooth 4.2 wireless connectivity, industrial operating temperature, two cost-optimised integration options (LGA and castellated edge vias), and low power operation down to 35µA using Digi’s seamlessly integrated Microcontroller Assist (MCA) capabilities.
- ConnectCore 6UL Single Board Computers (SBCs) – Digi will be previewing the capabilities of the upcoming ConnectCore for i.MX6UL Single Board Computers (SBC). The ConnectCore 6 for i.MX6UL SBCs deliver pre-certified, off-the-shelf single board computers with wireless and wired connectivity, cellular connectivity options, complete Yocto Project Linux support, and full Digi TrustFence device security integration. The ConnectCore 6 for i.MX6UL SBC Pro (100x72mm, Pico-ITX) and ConnectCore for i.MX6UL SBC Express (87x63mm) form factors are optimised platforms for a range of industrial-strength applications, and offer accelerated time-to-market by eliminating the need for custom hardware design efforts.
- Digi XBee Cellular NB-IoT – Digi will be featuring the European version of Digi XBee Cellular designed for Cat NB-IoT. Optimised for Vodafone networks in Europe, this version of Digi XBee Cellular will allow Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) to quickly and easily integrate cellular NB-IoT into their designs with reliable, low-cost, low-power consumption that includes additional built-in security.
- Digi XBee LoRa and Digi XBee LoRaWAN - Due in 2017 for European and North American markets, Digi has begun development of Digi XBee for both LoRa and LoRaWAN wireless platforms, including embedded modules and gateways. Embedded World participants are invited to visit Digi representatives to learn more about the Digi XBee LoRa offerings and roadmap.
- Educational sessions – On Thursday 16th March from 11:30am–12:00pm, Mike Rohrmoser, Director of product management, embedded systems at Digi International, will be presenting as part of session 33 titled, 'Choosing the Right SOC/SOM for Wireless M2M Connectivity.' The session will review the System-On-Chip (SOC) and System-On-Module (SOM) as a suitable platform for quick, focused product design.
- Co-exhibitors and partner participation - Digi will be exhibiting solutions with its partners throughout the venue, including Arrow Electronics (hall 4A, booth 4A-340), Atlantik Elektronik (hall 3, booth 3-141), CODICO (hall 3, booth 3-310), Digi-Key Electronics (hall 4A, booth 4A-631) and NXP Semiconductors (Hall 4A, booth 4A-220).
- In-booth demos (Atlantik and CODICO booths)
- ConnectCore for i.MX6UL – The interactive demo will showcase the key features of the rugged ConnectCore for i.MX6UL SOM including Digi TrustFence security, low-power operation, sensor integration, cloud connectivity, display integration and user interface capabilities.
- Digi XBee ZigBee – This demo showcases a cloud-connected industrial lighting application including the Digi XBee ZigBee module and a Digi XBee ZigBee gateway to create a wireless mesh lighting solution that can be monitored and controlled remotely.
- In-booth demos (Atlantik and CODICO booths)