IoT and IIoT demos centre stage at embedded world 2020
A wide range of solutions for intelligent Internet of Things (IoT) and Industrial IoT (IIoT) devices and systems will be exhibited by Farnell at embedded world 2020 in Nuremberg (February 25-27). Taking centre stage at the exhibition will be Farnell’s investment in next-generation technologies for Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning, connectivity, sensing and power management.
Farnell is exhibiting in Hall 3A-221as part of Avnet City alongside Avnet Abacus, Avnet Silica and EBV Elektronik. The Avnet stand integrates and builds on the expertise of the individual business units and provides a comprehensive product lifecycle ecosystem that can help embedded customers wherever they are in their product lifecycle – from concept and design, to prototyping and mass production, right through to end-of-life management.
Visitors to the stand will be able to explore first-hand how Farnell can help design engineers develop products and fast-track solutions that are ready for tomorrow, and future proofed for the years beyond.
The Farnell “Development Kit Vending Machine” is back, providing visitors with the chance to win one of 1,000 development kits and SBCs from leading suppliers including Nordic Semiconductor, NXP, Cypress, Microchip, Infineon, Raspberry Pi, Particle and Maxim.
Farnell will host a broad range of innovative demonstrations for intelligent IoT and IIoT devices and systems, featuring new and exclusive-to-Farnell products, including:
IoT and IIoT: Connectivity, Sensing and Power Management
- The Avnet Azure Sphere Starter Kit with Microsoft Azure hardware security and cloud solution for IoT applications.
- STMicroelectronics’ new multi-sensor predictive maintenance solution with IO-Link for Industrial IoT.
- Nordic Semiconductor’s low power BLE 5.0 to long-range LTE connectivity bridge solution for a wide range of IoT applications.
AI and Machine Learning
- New Arduino Portenta H7: powerful enough to run AI state machines and ready for industrial applications.
- Raspberry Pi 4: enabling AI in design applications from facial recognition to ‘virtual assistant’.
- BeagleBone AI: for machine vision applications such as quality management or security solutions.
- Avnet SmartEdge Industrial IoT Gateway: a complete smart fleet management system with IoTConnect cloud platform.
Rob Rospedzihowski, President, Sales, EMEA, Farnell says: “Embedded World is a key event in the global electronics calendar and we are looking forward to meeting with customers to discuss how working with Farnell can ensure their new products utilise the most advanced technologies to be ready for tomorrow. We have made significant investments in our inventory to give customers unrestricted access to our largest range of components and solutions for IoT. All products are available to ship the same day from our warehouses in the United Kingdom and mainland Europe.”
For visitors requiring specific advice, a team of professional Farnell technicians will be on hand to answer questions and advise on product solutions..