Digi-Key to exhibit at embedded world 2016
Digi-Key Electronics will be discussing with attendees how the company's business model and updated design tools can help the design engineer with their entire design process at the 2016 embedded world conference in Nuremberg, Germany.
Hermann Reiter, Director of Sales, Central & Eastern Europe, Digi-Key, commented: "We want to remind our European customers that we offer the world's largest selection of electronic components in stock and ready for immediate shipment. As a 100% franchised distributor, engineers can rest easy knowing their parts are coming directly from the manufacturer and we ship it to their front doors in as little as 24 to 48 hours."
The company offers customers and engineers numerous value-added services including a variety of low-cost and professional EDA tools; reference, article and video libraries that offer 'how to' videos such as Another Geek Moment and Product Training Modules (PTMs); online technical support 24/7 via digikey.com and eewiki.net; extensive BOM tool; and more.
Digi-Key's booth is located in Hall 4A, Stand 631 and the company, as well as numerous suppliers, will have representatives present to show attendees how easily various products can be used in their own developments. Also to be discussed is how Digi-Key offers a head-start with their value-added services as well as programming examples, free source code or technical support.
Attendees are encouraged to stop by the booth to view various live demos, including:
- Thermal Imaging with FLIR Infrared Camera displayed on a Newhaven LCD display: this demo shows how to use the FLIR Infrared Camera easily under Linux with a BeagleBone and how to display a live image.
- Weather Station with TE Sensors and BLE Connection: see how a BLE Connection can be established and how the sensor data can be transferred.
- Display Sensor Data via Panasonic BLE on a Newhaven Touch Display with a Microchip PIC24 System: this demo visualises the sensor data from the above weather station via the established BLE Connection and displays it on a Newhaven Touch Display.
- Trinamic stepper motor controller and driver with Digi International XBEE WiFi Module: try out different modes in how to control stepper motors and learn about the differences.
- Neural Network Pattern recognition solution with Cognimem: take the first steps with Neural Networks and learn how easy it can be used.
- Wireless Charging with an IDT Solution and display the charge via wireless connection: wireless charging arrives more and more within different industrial products; learn how to charge a super cap and display the charge via wireless transfer on a small LCD.
- IoT Sensors via GSM with Nimbelink on a BeagleBone: learn how to transfer sensor data via a GSM Connection to the cloud.
- Learn about key updates to Digi-Key's Scheme-it and PCBWeb design tool offerings and get to know the company's newest EDA tools.
David Sandys, Director, Technical & Strategic Marketing, Digi-Key, added: "The Digi-Key moto is 'by engineers for engineers'. We were started by an engineer and we work hard to maintain our commitment to be the best place to search, find and buy electronic components 24/7."