Connection technology increases efficiency & reduces costs
TE Connectivity will be highlighting its innovative industrial connection technology at SPS IPC Drives 2015. Visitors to Stand 210 in Hall 10, will also be able to learn more about TE’s projects in the areas of Industry 4.0 and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT).
Craig McDonnell, Vice President and General Manager, Industrial Automation & Control unit, TE Connectivity, commented: "Our goal is to promote cost-effective production processes by innovative engineering connection technology that is intelligent, robust and easy to use. At SPS IPC Drives, we will showcase three new products designed to meet this goal, as well as a number of applications for machines, automation and control that demonstrate the capabilities of TE's key products and solutions.”
TE’s Circular Hybrid Connector (CHC) was developed for real-time automation applications requiring the transmission of high data rates as per the CAT 5e specification as well as current loads of up to 10A. This circular connector is used primarily in controllers for hydraulic and pneumatic valves and is one of the first solution of its kind.
“The CHC brings a higher degree of design flexibility, especially for manufacturers of injection molding machines,” said McDonnell. “Because it is designed to be compatible with the VARAN (Versatile Automation Random Access Network) bus specification, retooling can be carried out more rapidly and the cabling effort is considerably reduced.”
TE’s family of Heavy-Duty Connectors (HDCs) enables the reliable transmission of data and power even in the most demanding of applications. This series of connectors was recently launched in China and will be introduced worldwide after SPS IPC Drives. "Due to its modular design, our HDCs can be used as part of tailored solutions containing standardised connectivity equipment – without needing any modifications," said McDonnell.
Compliant with IEC 61984 and UL 1977 standards, these connectors are also simple to install and maintain. TE's broad range of HDCs are suitable for a wide variety of industrial applications such as machine tooling, robotic system cabling or wiring for wind turbines.
TE’s RJ45 connectors feature protection class IP20 for Cat 6A cables and, like TE's other RJ45 versions, are based on proven common core technology that makes them fast to install in the field without needing any tools. An automatic stripping function helps ensure error-free installation and maximum performance. Suitable for use with all normal CAT 6A cables, the RJ45 connectors support data rates of up to 10Gb/s and bandwidth of up to 500MHz. This makes them ideal for a range of demanding applications, such as control of motors or connection of industrial robots.
TE will also present the following interconnect products at SPS IPC Drives:
- RJ45 connector with metal housing and field-installable common core connection technology for CAT 6A cables – rounding off the IP65/67 product programme;
- MotorMan hybrid connector - available with a number of different caps and covers for use in control cabinet and motor applications, it can transmit power as well as binary signals and Ethernet communication;
- Terminals in the Mag-Wire series - particularly intended for connecting magnetic wires (copper, aluminium or a combination of both) in applications in the drive area;
- Dynamic series connectors - replacing conventional terminal blocks and enabling reliable and cost-effective solutions for the wiring of control cabinets;
- Compact and robust MicroMotor connectors - designed especially for small servo motors providing up to 0.75kW of power;
- Modular Power Triple Lock wire-to-board connector - bringing enhanced reliability through triple locking and rated to 20A with 6mm centreline spacing; and
- Second-source agreement for the industrial Mini I/O system resulting from IEC standardisation and agreement with the VARAN and Mechatrolink consortia.