Casambi Summit discuss latest in wireless control technology
Casambi has announced the keynotes and final agenda for its third annual Casambi Summit. The one-day virtual event will be held on 27th April and attendance is free.
“The Casambi Summit is about showcasing the latest in lighting technology as the industry continues its transition from wired to wireless control. It’s about celebrating the people, their products and projects that are embracing change, engaging creativity, and encouraging us to live and light more responsibly,” said Casambi Marketing VP, Joonas Rinne.
This year's event focuses heavily on the emerging trends and applications driving an increasing need for smart lighting - such as the EU Fluorescent ban, new incoming green building codes, and greater mainstream awareness of Human-Centric Lighting. Casambi will offer luminaire and component manufacturers, electrical engineers, and architectural lighting designers the insight needed to build and successfully deploy Casambi Ready products.
The company has put together a remarkable 12-hour program packed with guest speakers who offer different vantage points, varied experiences and products that provide smarter alternatives to the old way of doing things. Attendees will be able to listen and learn from global brands like iGuzzini, Tridonic, Trilux Group, eldoLED, Helvar and others about the latest in lighting technologies and how to design, build, and go to market with novel products that offer unique lighting experiences.
This year’s keynotes include:
- The opportunity and impact of wireless lighting control - Welcome remarks and a brief business update by Casambi CEO, Kari Mettälä.
- Creative control at all stages of the development process - Casambi Founder, Timo Pakkala will present how Casambi provides total freedom to innovate and differentiate lighting products.
- Space Tech: Circadian lighting for astronauts - SAGA Space Architects co-founder, Sebastian Aristotelis will introduce their Circadian Light Panel, a product NASA will test onboard the International Space Station.
- How creativity is essential in an increasingly onerous world - Clementine Fletcher-Smith [IALD], Partner at Speirs Major Light Architecture, will discuss the critical role that light plays in shaping the way we perceive and experience the world around us.
- Singapore: Social movements to support design - Tung Ching Yew, President of the Society of Interior Designers Singapore (SIDS) on the community initiatives supporting and elevating the standards of Interior Design practice in Singapore.
- Modern lighting infrastructure as a business booster - Joachim Geiger, CSO & CMO at TRILUX Group will present how LED upgrades open the doors to customisable, energy-efficient and sustainable lighting solutions, which in turn transform lighting infrastructure into powerful business assets.
- Breaking Free: Art X Lights X Heritage - Hilmi Juma’at, Assistant Director (Audio, Visual, Lighting) at the National Gallery Singapore, will present the game-changing benefits of Bluetooth-controlled lighting for museums and heritage spaces.
- How light affects the taste of our food - Johan Röklander from the School of Engineering at Jönköping University will give a talk on the influence of light over taste and other senses.
- Bluetooth Low Energy: A North American lighting representative’s perspective - Devon Galloway, Controls Specialist at SDA Lighting & Controls will discuss the importance of BLE-based lighting solutions, and the value a Casambi X Spec Rep relationship brings to those looking to implement them.
The Summit will also include a virtual partner expo featuring 30 global brands, will offer 1-2-1 virtual meeting opportunities, and technical breakout sessions where subject matter experts will be on hand to answer any questions.