BAE Systems to host Anti-Counterfeiting Seminar
On Thursday 15th March 2018 the Anti-Counterfeiting Forum will hold its eighth annual seminar at BAE Systems Park Centre in Farnborough, Hampshire.
Counterfeiting in the electrical and electronic systems supply chain is now a fact of life that almost certainly affects all companies, whether they know it or not, with a wide range of old and new technologies being counterfeited and supplied from a wide range of sources. Counterfeits can lead to equipment down-time or even catastrophic failure, significant investigation and rectification costs, and loss of custom and reputation.
Action to counter the threat is also evolving with new best practice and solutions developing all the time. The continued emergence of third party accreditation against international standards for managing counterfeits is a welcome development. This seminar will focus on current trends and new developments in combating counterfeits in the supply chain with an emphasis on case studies from businesses that have developed effective counterfeit management plans. The seminar will include presentations providing information on:
- Work being undertaken in different parts of the supply chain to combat counterfeits.
- Case studies explaining how to set-up and maintain a counterfeit management plan.
- An update on international standards for the management of counterfeits in the supply chain and the development of independent accreditation services.
- Other best practice to help reduce the risk of counterfeits infiltrating your business.
- How law enforcement and direct action against counterfeiters can help to reduce the threat of counterfeits in the supply chain.
- Recent major trends in counterfeiting and counterfeit avoidance and an overview of how to access further information.