Axis at Smart City Expo World Congress 2021
Following last year’s virtual event, Axis Communications is returning to Barcelona for Smart City Expo World Congress, taking place between the 16th and 18th November 2021.
This year marks the 10th anniversary of the event, and Axis will be exhibiting a range of technologies and solutions that play a role in the progress towards the vision of smart cities, with a particular focus on public safety, urban mobility and environmental monitoring.
Recognising the importance of data collection, storage and analysis in connected urban environments, Axis will be exhibiting alongside Microsoft in Gran Via, Hall 2, Level 0, Street D, Stand 152 of the Fira Barcelona exhibition centre.
Andrea Sorri, Segment Development Manager, Smart Cities EMEA, at Axis said: “While the pandemic might have disrupted last year’s Smart City Expo World Congress, it has also accelerated the implementation of connected technologies and data within the world’s urban environments. It will be a pleasure to once again meet in person other members of the smart city ecosystem, and to share a number of Axis innovations that will support further progress towards the smart city vision.”
Axis solutions for cities focus on three key areas of improving the quality of life for citizens, aligning to city objectives and through these the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals:
- Public safety - keeping citizens safe and secure is fundamental to any modern, progressive city. Video surveillance and network audio is employed to support law enforcement and other first responders, provide direct help and instruction to citizens in emergency situations, and help with crowd management in line with public health and safety guidelines.
- Urban mobility - allowing citizens to move freely and easily around a city is central to a sense of liveability and economic growth. Axis solutions support through traffic management, automatic incident response, license plate recognition, parking management, intersection control and the planning of maintenance.
- Environmental monitoring - even in the face of rapid growth, every progressive city will want to reduce its overall environmental impact, and create a more positive environment for citizens. In combination with other sensors - including those measuring air and water quality and noise pollution - video surveillance cameras can identify the sources of issues, allowing for remedial action and proactive planning.
At Smart City Expo World Congress, Axis will be showcasing a number of products and solutions that place video surveillance at the centre of key smart city objectives, including:
- Panoramic cameras based on the recently announced ARTPEC-8 system-on-a-chip, with embedded deep learning-enabled edge analytics
- Axis surveillance cameras already being employed by smart cities around the world, including box cameras, powerful pan, tilt, zoom (PTZ) cameras and the Axis Body Worn Camera solution
- How technologies such as the Axis VAPIX application platform interface and MQTT IoT messaging protocol are enabling the connections between data sensors to make the smart city vision a reality
- ACAP 4, the enhanced AXIS Camera Application Platform which will allow more developers to create computer vision applications for the Axis platform
- The integration between Axis solutions and Genetec video management software, which will also be exhibited alongside Axis
- How concepts such as digital twins and smart poles are enabling smart cities to collect and use data as an accelerator to meeting their goals
Axis alongside Microsoft will also present the power of the latest network camera technology with deep learning, combined with the powerful Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
Jose Antonio Ondiviela Ph.D., Government Industry Advisor from Microsoft commented: “In Microsoft Azure we provide the cloud platform that enables authorities to collect, store, analyse and extract insights from the huge amounts of data created across their city, which provides the foundation for advanced smart cities. The quality of that data is critical to ensure best outcomes, and with surveillance cameras being one of the key data collection sensors available to city authorities, it’s logical that specifying the highest-quality cameras is imperative.
"We believe that the combination of Axis leading surveillance camera technology, and advanced Azure Cloud services is the perfect solution for managing these critical smart city services.”
Andrea Sorri, agreed: “The combination of AXIS Camera Application Platform and Microsoft Azure enable more power and scalability from edge to cloud: a hybrid development platform for our ecosystem partners and integrators to build enterprise-ready AI solutions.”