embedded award 2022: These are the nominees
For the 18th time in a row, an international jury of industry experts will present the annual embedded award.
On 21st June 2022, the first day of the 20th anniversary of the embedded world Exhibition & Conference, the coveted prize will be presented at an award ceremony which will take place during the press tour. The award ceremony is regarded as a prestigious platform with a view to the future direction of embedded technologies. Once again, this year, outstanding technical developments and innovative products will be recognised.
In three weeks, the winners of this year's embedded awards will be announced. A large number of outstanding submissions were thoroughly reviewed by the jury, which is made up of international embedded industry experts and researchers, before an independent verdict was finally reached.
Professor Dr.-Ing. Axel Sikora, Chairman of the jury of the embedded world Exhibition Advisory Board and the Steering Board of the embedded world Conference, said: "We are all very pleased that so many innovative and excellent ideas were submitted for the embedded awards again this year. He continues with emphasising that "it was not easy for us to decide on the nominees from all the trend-setting and excellent products. This also demonstrates that the embedded community is becoming stronger, larger and more willing to innovate. We are looking forward to announcing the winner on the first day of the exhibition. But this much can be revealed that this year it is not only small companies presenting innovative ideas, but also large global companies that are pushing their innovative system approaches."
The nominations were divided into the following categories: Embedded Vision, Hardware, Software, Safety & Security, Tools and Start-up:
- Cadence Design Systems, Inc. – Cadence Tensilica Vision P1 DSP
- GrAI Matter Labs – Life-Ready AI Chip
- NET New Electronic Technology GmbH – iam-ML ready
- Fibocom Wireless Inc. – Fibocom FG160 / FM160 Series
- NXP Semiconductors – S32 RT Real-Time Processors
- STMicroelectronics – Intelligent Sensor Processing Unit integrates brains into sensors with AI in the edge
- NXP Semiconductors – Voice Intelligent Technology (VIT)
- STMicroelectronics – NanoEdge AI Studio
Safety & Security
- CodeClinic LLC – Traci Traceability Solution
- Exein – Pulsar
- Accemic Technologies GmbH – CEDARtools
- Cadence Design Systems - Protium™ X2 Enterprise Prototyping Platform
- Perinet GmbH – periCORE Development Kit
- A-China Semiconductor Ltd. – 32 bit microcontroller with PUF security function
- BG Networks – BGN-SAT Security Automation Tool
- Dolphin Design – TinyRAPTOR
On 21st June, 2022 at 12:00 a.m., Professor Dr.-Ing. Axel Sikora, along with Professor Dr. Roland Fleck, Managing Director of NürnbergMesse, and Matthäus Hose, Managing Director of WEKA Fachmedien, will announce the winners of each category in the Exhibitor forum.
The 2022 expert jury consists of:
- Professor Dr. Albert Heuberger Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Circuits IIS
- Joachim Kroll Editor-in-Chief Design&Elektronik, WEKA Fachmedien
- Professor Dr. Jean-Philippe Lauffenburger Université de Haute Alsace, Mulhouse
- Professor Dirk Pesch, Ph.D. University College Cork
- Professor Dr.-Ing. Axel Sikora Offenburg University I Hahn-Schickard, Head of Jury