Wind River Extends Partner Validation Program to Industrial and Medical Markets
Wind River today launched the Wind River Partner Validation Program for the industrial and medical markets with initial partners Acontis Technologies, Esterel Technologies, KW-Software, and Softing AG. Partners in the program will provide their software solutions integrated and validated with the latest releases of Wind River's industry leading operating systems, VxWorks and Wind River Linux. These partner software solutions are ideally suited for the control automation, process automation, power and energy, transportation, and medical market segments.By w
* PROFINET, an open Ethernet-based real-time communication standard, in various scalable building blocks for different requirements; and
* An IEC 61131-3 PLCopen-compliant PLC runtime environment standard for machine configuration, commissioning, and engineering.
Wind River has forged strong partnerships with these industrial and medical market leaders to bring customers a validated software stack that meets the requirements of specific market segments, said Jens Wiegand, general manager, Industrial and Medical, Wind River. Wind River's Partner Validation Program offers validated software components and an ecosystem with a clear commitment to industry connectivity, vertical application stacks, and tools to help solve critical business issues so customers can reduce overall time spent on integration and have their products completed more rapidly at a lower cost.
Wind River's software partners will integrate, verify, and validate the various software components and will provide their software, testing, and commercial support to customers. These integrated and validated solutions offer longevity and lifecycle support, accelerating time-to-market and reducing development and integration efforts, creating a rich environment to meet the increasingly pressing requirements of device manufacturers.
As part of the program, the following partners will integrate and validate their software with Wind River's market-leading embedded operating systems:
* Acontis Technologies: EtherCAT real-time Ethernet.
* KW-Software: PROFINET and ProConOS IEC 61131-3 runtime and programming systems.
* Softing AG: OPC Unified Architecture (OPC-UA) Factory Gateway solutions.
* Esterel Technologies: SCADE Suite model-based design (certification and non-certification versions).
Wind River introduced the Wind River Partner Validation Program in May 2009 initially targeting the networking and telecoms industry and with initial partners 6WIND, Continuous Computing, GoAhead Software, Oracle, RADVISION, and Tail-f Systems.