Stars of the profession honoured at CILT annual awards
The very best professionals, organisations and operators from across the worlds of logistics and transport came together at the Royal Lancaster Hotel on Thursday 18th October, to celebrate exceptional contributions that have been made to the profession throughout the year at the The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) Annual Awards for Excellence 2018.
More than 350 guests, delegates and finalists attended the biggest event of the logistics and transport calendar on a night where talent, innovation and success were honoured across each of the nine sectors that the Institute represents.
This year’s awards were hosted by musician, journalist, broadcaster and Strictly Come Dancing star Reverend Richard Coles. The awards were presented by CILT(UK) President, Robin Proctor.
CILT’s award for outstanding achievement, the Sir Robert Lawrence Award, was presented by Tim Slater, Chief Executive, NHS Supply Chain for DHL, to Michèle Dix, Managing Director, Crossrail 2.
Kevin Richardson, Chief Executive, CILT, said: “The CILT Annual Awards for Excellence are the ultimate seal of approval for all those involved in the movement of goods and people. Recognition and reward is vital if we are to promote innovation; the key for building a future for our profession relies on us all recognising and celebrating outstanding achievements in our profession.
“There are so many good things happening and good people working within our profession, it’s vital that we embrace this success and raise awareness of the significance of our sectors, as we move into an uncertain and challenging post-Brexit world.”
Other winners on the night included: John Lewis, Optare, Wincanton, DHL and the MOD.
The winners of the CILT Annual Awards for Excellence 2018 were:
- Diversity Champion: Jane Desmond, Operations Director, HCT Group.
- Environmental Improvement: Sponsored by The Environment Network, Optare
- Health & Safety: Wincanton
- Operations Excellence: Sponsored by IC Resources, UK Defence Logistics
- Passenger Transport Best Practice: Sponsored by FORS: Liberty Bus
- People Development: Sponsored by XPO Logistics, Logistics Specialist Training Wing, MOD
- Rising Star: Sponsored by Hays, Rebecca Hambleton, Business Management Graduate, BT Supply Chain
- Sir Robert Lawrence Award: Sponsored by DHL, Dr Michèle Dix, Managing Director, Crossrail 2
- Supply Chain Innovation: DHL
- Technology Innovation: Sponsored by Michael Page, r2c online
- Warehouse Operations: Sponsored by Toyota Material Handling, John Lewis