Analysis

Knowles Acoustics claims Domination in MEMS Microphones for Consumer Electronics Market

1st May 2006
ES Admin

In a recent report by The Information Network, the market for silicon microphones and speakers made using MEMS technology is expected to grow from 100 million units in 2005 to 491 million units in 2008. Representing 6.1% of the 1.6 billion microphones sold worldwide in 2005, the market is geared to grow to 18.9% of the 2.6 billion units in 2008.

More than 85% of shipments of the MEMS microphones in 2005 were for mobile phones; the remaining 15% in consumer applications such as digital cameras, MP3 players and PDA’s. Knowles Acoustics has emerged as the number one worldwide provider of MEMS acoustic components with more than a 95% share..

“With over three successful years of high volume production the SiSonic product portfolio continues its expansion. As the leader in MEMS microphones, Knowles is reaching new levels of integration in microphone technology said Jeffrey Niew, Vice President and General Manager.

SiSonic is available with a standard supply voltage range of 1.6 to 2.9V, has maximum current consumption of 500uA, is compatible with high temperature reflow, and is rated up to 100° C.

All Knowles Sisonic models comply with RoHS Directives

Featured products

Latest products

Upcoming Events

View all events
Newsletter
Latest global electronics news
© Copyright 2020 Electronic Specifier