Bluetooth, NFC module enables next-generation IIoT
Laird Connectivity’s BL653 series enables industrial OEMs to robustly implement longer range BLE applications in the harshest operating environments.
It is available at distributor Digi-Key
Powered by Nordic’s nRF52833 silicon, the small form factor BL653 modules and DVKs provide for a secure, robust BLE and Cortex-M4F CPU for any OEM’s product design.
The BL653 provides users with maximum development flexibility with programming options for the Nordic SDK or Zephyr RTOS, a simple, intuitive AT command set, as well as Laird’s smartBASIC environment.
The BL653 series brings out all nRF52833 hardware features and capabilities including USB access, up to +8 dBm transmit power up to 5.5 V supply considerations, and NFC tag (Types 2/4) implementation.
Complete regulatory certifications enable faster time to market and reduced development risk completes Laird’s simplification of a user's next Bluetooth design.
- Bluetooth v5.1 BLE plus NFC
- Bluetooth v5.2 capable
- 802.15.4 radio (non-certified - Thread and Zigbee® via Nordic SDK or Thread via Zephyr)
- Widest range of configurable interfaces: UART, I2C, SPI, ADC, GPIO, PWM, FREQ, USB, PDM, and NFC
- Extended industrial temperature rating (-40°C to +105°C)
- Ultra-small footprint (15 mm x 10 mm x 2.2 mm)
- BLE peripheral/central roles supported
- 2 Mbps and LE long range: support for 2 Mbps, 1 Mbps, and 125 kps coded