Webinar for developers of drones, robots and AGVs
ACEINNA and IEEE GlobalSpec are providing a special technical how-to webinar for developers of autonomous systems – more precisely, how to affordably and quickly develop guidance, localisation and navigation systems for drones, autonomous cars, robots, cars, industrial AGVs, etc.
Autonomous systems require precise position and localisation systems to operate reliably. Traditionally, the key component to these systems has been satellite navigation (GPS/GNSS) and Inertial Navigation (IMU/INS) solutions. However, these technologies are expensive, difficult to use and difficult to customise.
In this presentation, ACEINNA will set up and install an open-source tool for developing precise navigation and control functions. The presentation will include a tutorial using an online navigation simulator, set up of free coding tools using the ACEINAA Visual Studio Code extension, algorithm development, debugging, and data-logging analysis.
By the end of the presentation, attendees will be familiar with these free software tools and can start development of a custom navigation solution using the latest precision OpenIMU hardware from ACEINNA.
In this webinar, attendees will:
- Learn how to cost-effectively develop highly accurate navigation, guidance and localisation systems for autonomous vehicles.
- Understand how to quickly simulate navigation system performance using sensor error models and an on-line tool.
- Set up and install OpenIMU tool chain.
- Code a custom GPS/INS algorithm using C-code and Aceinna's extensive open-source algorithm libraries.
- Download and debug a custom GPS/INS algorithm on an OpenIMU precision Inertial Measurement Unit.
- Collect and analyse data from navigation hardware using free Python tools.
The webinar will be led by Mike Horton, the Chief Technology Officer of ACEINNA. Horton oversees the development of ACEINNA’s inertial and GNSS/INS-based navigation products.