COVID-19 spawns third-party tooling validations business
Many countries in the world rely on the capabilities and capacity of China’s injection mould tooling industry for fast and reliable tooling construction. After tooling validations in China the tools are shipped to global destination for moulding production.
A standard procedure for many years was to send tooling engineers to China to approval plastic part dimensional studies, produce samples and the final tooling validation (buyoff) before shipment. This is not possible now, but neither is shipping programs without validations.
Even if you have a great relationship with your supplier you simply cannot allow the supplier to do the validation, it must be done by the engineering team, even if remotely.
YSM Mould has developed a team of tooling engineers from the USA and England to manage third-party tooling validations in conjunction with the company's internal quality and engineering department that will work with your engineering team, as an extension of your team.
YSM monitors and reports all aspects of the trial(s) until the tooling is ready for shipment. The company is:
- Present at all trials
- Records all molding parameters during tooling trials
- Record and validate resin specification, molding temperatures, drying, usage, etc.
- Available for video conference call during the trials
- Manage sample requirements, shipments and part dimensional reports
- Final inspection before shipments, packaging, documentation and pickup.