High side constant current regulator for linear LED driving
Taiwan Semiconductor has expanded its portfolio of automotive Lighting ICs. The TSCR400 and TSCR402 are high side Constant Current Regulators (CCR) for linear LED driving and regulate with presets of 0.1mA and 20mA nominal (respectively) that are adjustable with an external resistor up to 65mA. Taiwan Semiconductor designed them to drive LEDs in strings and they reduce current at increasing temperatures to self-protect.
Typical applications are ambient light, interior light, turn signals, rear cluster lighting, reading light as well as instrument cluster illumination. Products and samples are orderable immediately from stock.
- LED drive current preset:
- TSCR400CX6: 0.1mA
- TSCR402CX6: 20mA
- AEC-Q100 qualified with the following results:
- Device temperature grade 1: -40°C to 125°C
- Device HBM ESD classification level H2
- Device CDM ESD classification level C6
- Continuous output current up to 65mA with an external resistor
- Easy paralleling of drivers to increase current
- Supply voltage up to 40V
- Good temperature coefficient vs. output current
- Compliant to RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU and in accordance to WEEE 2002/96/EC
- Halogen-Free according to IEC 61249-2-21