NXP Semiconductors N.V. announces the availability of the CBTL02043, a multiplexer/demultiplexer (mux/demux) switch featuring the highest speed implementation in the industry.Providing switching speeds of up to 10 Gbps, the CBTL02043 maintains low power consumption and low power loss, and is designed to support rapidly evolving high-speed computing standards for desktop, mobile and enterprise systems such as PCIe Gen3, USB3.0, DisplayPort v1.2 and SAS/SATA 6 Gbps.
The CBTL02043 can switch two differential signals to one of two locations, while providing low signal attenuation. Using NXP’s high-bandwidth CMOS pass-gate technology, the 2:1 mux/demux switch minimizes switch impedance and allows for expansion of existing high-speed ports, contributing to higher bandwidth and lower insertion loss. Providing minimized channel-to-channel skew and crosstalk, the CBTL02043 is delivered in a very small form factor supporting two separate pinout configurations, optimized to match different application layouts.
Facts / Highlights:
Key features of the NXP CBTL02043A/B high-speed multiplexer/demultiplexer switch:
* Switching speeds of up to 10 Gbps
* Support for standards such as PCIe Gen3, USB3.0, DisplayPort v1.2 and SAS/SATA 6 Gbps
* High bandwidth at 10 GHz at -3dB
* Low return loss at -20 dB at 4 GHz
* Shutdown pin (XSD) for power-saving mode
* Low crosstalk at -35 dB at 4 GHz
* Low off-state isolation at -20dB at 4 GHz
* Available in a very thin DHVQFN20 package (20 terminals, 2.5 x 4.5 x .85 mm)
* “NXP is first to release a CMOS multiplexer/demultiplexer switch supporting speeds of up to 10Gbps,” said Grahame Cooney, general manager, high speed interface, NXP Semiconductors. “This breakthrough helps our customers get ahead of the curve by supporting high-bandwidth applications, addressing evolving digital interface standards, and minimizing power consumption.”