Around the Industry

Displaying 1 - 10686 of 10686

Advantech announces 2015 product roadmap

Advantech has released an updated product roadmap outlining its product coverage expansion plans for 2015. To cope with Big Data computing demands from the rapidly growing IoT market, Advantech is extending its current SQFlash portfolio of CF, DOM, CFast, mSATA, half-slim, and 2.5” SSD modules to include an updated line of server storage products - the T1 Series.
4th March 2015

SiC MOSFET enables miniaturisation in pulse generators

SiC MOSFET enables miniaturisation in pulse generators
 Fukushima SiC Applied Engineering has selected ROHM’s SCT2080KE SiC MOSFET for use in its SiC-Pulser series of high voltage pulse generators. Pulse generators are used in a variety of applications, including high voltage accelerators, plasma generators and laser processing machines. Conventional systems utilise silicon devices or vacuum tubes as switching elements. However, this often entails a large number of system components which results in enormous construction and installation costs.
4th March 2015

MCU & sensor technologies enable smart audio device

STMicroelectronics has announced that it has contributed to the development of the Prizm smart audio device, which automatically plays songs based on the number of people in the room, their music tastes and habits, and even the time of day and ambient noise levels. ST’s MCU and sensor technologies enable Prizm’s smart audio and touch interactions.
3rd March 2015


Embedded secure element chip enables Samsung Galaxy S6

Infineon Technologies has announced that it supplies the embedded Secure Element (eSE) chip for the new premium smartphones Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge. Infineon’s SLE 97 is a SOLID FLASH-based eSE chip which can safeguard the functionalities of the mobile device as well as transactions where users’ sensitive data such as payment credentials are concerned.
3rd March 2015

AVX announces high temperature solutions catalogue

AVX has introduced its first applications-based catalogue, which provides engineers with detailed information about the various passive component solutions from AVX. The 'High Temperature Solutions' catalogue details the components which AVX designs, manufactures and qualifies for exceptional performance in high temperatures up to 250°C, including down-hole oil exploration, military and aerospace applications.
3rd March 2015

CUI acquires Canadian power supply manufacturer

CUI has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire specific assets of the privately held Canadian equipment manufacturer Tectrol, a leading designer and manufacturer of standard and custom power solutions.
2nd March 2015

NXP, Freescale agree $40bn merger

NXP, Freescale agree $40bn merger
NXP Semiconductors and Freescale Semiconductor are to merge. The companies have entered into a definitive agreement under which NXP will merge with Freescale in a transaction which values the combined enterprise at just over $40bn. The merger creates a high performance mixed signal semiconductor industry leader, with combined revenue of greater than $10 billion.
2nd March 2015

Design contest focuses on innovative glue logic solutions

Design contest focuses on innovative glue logic solutions
Mouser Electronics has teamed up with NXP Semiconductors to launch the Dual PCB Configurable Logic Design Contest. The contest, already underway, is part of this year’s entry for the 2015 Big I.D.E.A. (International Design Engineering Award), and was officially launched worldwide last month.
1st March 2015

Ruth named as new Electrocomponents CEO

Ruth named as new Electrocomponents CEO
Electrocomponents has a new Chief Executive. The distribution group has named former Future Electronics Executive Vice President Lindsley Ruth to replace Ian Mason who announced he was stepping down in November last year. Ruth who has worked for Future since 2002, has been a key member of the core leadership team which has transformed the organisation’s performance and expanded its global reach over recent years.
27th February 2015

The top five problems with HMIs

The top five problems with HMIs
A study from 2007 showed that 75% of office workers admit to resorting to physical violence against their computer; the other 25% probably only employed verbal abuse. Here, Jonathan Wilkins, Marketing Manager, European Automation, addresses this disturbing statistic while discussing the top five problems commonly faced when using HMIs.
26th February 2015


Around the Industry documents


Network Headlines

Sign up to view our publications

Sign up

Sign up to view our downloads

Sign up

 

WEBENCH® Designer