e innovative products, showcased at http://www.vishay.com/landingpage/super12/2010/, are ideal for use in several key applications and provide a cross-section of Vishay’s very broad product portfolio.
The Super 12 products for 2010 are:
• 597D and T97 Multi-Anode Tantalum Capacitors - For +28-V applications, the industrial-grade 597D and Hi-Rel COTS T97D series are the industry’s first 75-V-rated tantalum capacitors. The devices offer the industry’s highest capacitance-voltage of 1500 µF at 4 V to 15 µF at 75 V to save PCB space, while ultra-low ESR down to 15 mΩ improves design efficiency.
• MKP 1848 Polypropylene Film Capacitors - For DC applications, the MKP 1848 capacitors feature a rated capacitance of 1 µF to 400 µF with 2 or 4 pins for PCB mounting (MKP 1848), and a rated capacitance of 60 µF to 400 µF with a bus bar for direct IGBT mounting (MKP 1848 PCP).
• IHLP®-6767 Power Inductors - The IHLP-6767 devices are the highest-rated-current SMD power inductors available. Featuring low profiles of 4.0 mm and 7.0 mm, the devices offer currents up to 100 A, inductance values to 100 µH, and excellent temperature stability.
• WSMS and WSBS High-Power Shunt Resistors - The WSMS power meter shunts and WSBS automotive battery shunts provide extremely low resistance values of 50 µΩ to 500 µΩ, 3-W power capability in the 2908, 3124, and 5515 sizes, and 36-W power capability in the 8518 size. The devices’ all-welded construction allows operation with continuous currents greater than 400 A.
• LPS Planar Thick Film Resistors - The LPS series offers high power dissipation up to 800 W in a compact 57-mm by 60-mm profile, with a low weight of 83 g. The devices offer high dielectric strength up to 12 kVRMS and a wide resistance range from 0.3 Ω to 900 kΩ.
• Non-Magnetic MLCCs - Manufactured with non-magnetic materials, these MLCCs incorporate multiple assembly methods, including conductive epoxy and IR reflow assembly. The devices are available in a wide variety of sizes, voltage ratings, and capacitance values, and feature a noble metal technology and wet build process for high reliability.
• TrenchFET® Gen III P-Channel MOSFETs - This newest generation of p-channel silicon technology enables devices with industry-best on-resistance specifications, such as 1.9 milliohms in the PowerPAK® SO-8. With rDS(on) as low as half the level of the next best devices on the market, the TrenchFET Gen III p-channel power MOSFETs provide lower conduction losses for higher efficiency and longer time between charges for battery-operated applications. A full range of package options, including the 1.6-mm by 1.6-mm PowerPAK SC-75, is available.
• 20-A 20WT04FN Gen 5.0 Schottky Diode - The 20WT04FN is the industry’s first 20-A, 40-V diode in the D-PAK. The device features an operating temperature to + 175 °C, very low max. forward voltage drop of 0.530 V @ 20 A and + 125 °C, and extremely low max. reverse leakage of 7 mA @ 45 V at + 125 °C.
• MSS1P2U and MSS1P3U eSMP™ SMD Schottky Barrier Rectifiers - The MSS1P2U and MSS1P3U MicroSMP rectifiers offer high-current density with ultra-low forward voltage drop of 0.35 V at 0.4 V and low typical profiles of 0.68 mm.
• VO3120 and VO3150A IGBT/MOSFET Drivers - The 2.5-A and 0.5-A drivers offer the widest supply voltage range from 15 V to 32 V, and a wide operating temperature range from - 40 °C to + 110 °C.
• SiC769 DrMOS 6x6 - The SiC769 integrated MOSFET and driver IC solution features the industry’s best power density for mainstream multi-phase Vcore applications. The new device is fully compliant with the DrMOS specification for voltage regulators (VRs) in high-power CPU-based systems, and enables operating frequencies up to 1 MHz.
• Super Junction FET™ Gen 9 Power MOSFETs - Vishay’s 22-A, 600-V Super Junction FET™ MOSFETs offer on-resistance as low as 0.19 Ω (max) and an improved on-resistance times gate charge figure of merit (FOM).
More information about Vishay’s Super 12 products is available at http://www.vishay.com/landingpage/super12/2010.