Amongst a variety of products, these latest models deserve attention and will be shown at Autotestcon;
BIRST Modules (Built-In Relay Self Test)
Verification and diagnosis of complex switching operation in a test system has always been an issue, especially in the PXI platform. For this reason, Pickering Interfaces has developed a range of PXI modules with built in self-test. This feature is called BIRST™, or Built In Relay Self Test.
The first PXI modules with built in self test have been released a year ago and new launches continue to include BIRST in PXI matrix modules. At Autotestcon BIRST on LXI Devices will be launched –and demonstrated on a 60-555 LXI matrix.
In addition all Pickering Interfaces LXI products are now fully LXI compliant to the latest 1.3 specification, significantly increasing the number of LXI products available with the most recent additions to the standard. Pickering Interfaces is committed to following the LXI standard’s evolution and adopting its newest features to improve user experience of Ethernet controlled instrumentation.
New PXI products on display:
• 40-737 High Channel USB Multiplexer The 40-737 is an 8 to 1 multiplexer for switching datacomms signals and has been specifically designed for routing USB. The data signal paths are 2-pole arranged as differential pairs as defined by the USB standard. The signal pair have a controlled 100 ohm differential impedance and the multiplexer has been designed for minimum insertion loss. The USB power paths are arranged as a common negative and a switched positive, the negative may also be connected to the PXI front panel ground by means of an optional link. The power paths are designed to ensure minimum loss of the USB power.
• 40-755 50 Ohm RF Multiplexer with 10 off SP4T switches to 2GHz
• The 40-755 is a high density low cost solution for RF switching which is available in 2 mechanical formats. The 2 slot version supports RF switching to beyond 2GHz, the single slot version uses a multipole connector suitable for use to 500MHz (connector limited on bandwidth)
• 40-582 2-Pole 16x16 Matrix Module 16x16 2pole matrix module with BIRST self test in a single PXI slot
• 40-331 and 40-332 High Voltage (1000 Volts) Matrix & Multiplexer modules
• 41-752, our recently introduced Battery Simulator, which is being used by automotive customers to test battery management systems for electric vehicles.
Developed in association with DMC, a systems integrator based in Chicago, the 41-752 is a 6 cell battery simulator that provides up to 300mA of current from each cell. The output voltage from each cell is fully adjustable up to 7V and each cell includes its own sense lines to improve regulation performance. Each cell can be configured to operate as a current sink in a battery charging circuit of up to 100mA. Cells and modules can be series connected to emulate the battery stacks being used in new generation electric vehicles. More than 100 cells can stacked in series in a single Pickering Interfaces PXI or Modular LXI Chassis to allow the testing of battery management charging systems. The independently controlled channels allow the cells to be set to different output voltages to simulate different charge and capacity states. A safety interlock system can be used to ensure that voltage generation is inhibited when the cables are disconnected from the front panel. Outputs are made available on high voltage D Type connectors permitting the generation of voltages of up to 750V.
These products are available now and pricing can be found on our web site, www.pickeringtest.com Innovative Aerospace PXI and LXI Solutions PXI has proved very popular in many demanding military and commercial Aerospace test applications: PXI helps create smaller, faster test solutions and it makes the job of specifying and integrating test stations easier. Pickering provides Avionics Bus interface cards, programmable power supplies, arbitrary waveform/function generators, 7½ digit DMMs, digitizers, signal conditioning, high current switching, sensor simulators, switching matrices and a wide range of PXI Chassis. The LXI platform has allowed Pickering to address new applications that could not be easily addressed by other platforms. The benefit to our Aerospace customers is a test solution that is often smaller, at a lower cost, and exhibiting improved specifications. When designing functional test applications, Aerospace companies like Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Boeing, BAE Systems, General Electric Aviation, Goodrich, Rockwell Collins, Raytheon, Honeywell, Hamilton Sundstrand, Bombardier, and Sikorsky have implemented Pickering solutions all around the globe.