ommunications Inc., announced today the availability its broad range of Echo Canceller Compliance Testing Solutions. Disclosing to the news media, Mr. Vijay Kulkarni, CEO of the company, said, “GL Communications has a broad range of testing solutions for echo cancellers (EC) in any network environment – TDM, VoIP, and Wireless. Echo can be heard on 2-wire POTS lines, mobile phones, VoIP calls, and speaker phones. The diagram below provides a glimpse of echo possibilities and locations”.
He added, “Our platforms for testing EC software can be Universal T1 E1 Cards, portable USB Based T1 E1 Units, Ethernet Interfaces, or no hardware whatsoever”.
Overview of GL’s range of Echo Canceller Compliance Testing Solutions
* For testing ECs in a TDM environment, both manual, scripted, and automated EC testing solutions are provided for Line Echo Cancellers. Interfaces can be T1 E1 or Analog.
o For manual testing – simple echo generation and measurement tools with graphical output
o For automated testing – the full G.168 compliance test suite can be run at press of a button
* For testing ECs in a VoIP environment, manual and automated solutions are provided for ECs in an ATA (Analog Telephone Adapter) or a VoIP Gateway
o RTP Toolbox™ and the Dual UTA provide a platform for EC testing on the IP side or 2-Wire side. Gateways with T1 E1 interfaces can also be tested manually or automatically.
* Simulating acoustic echo into a mobile phone or speaker phone
o Simulate acoustic echo for small, medium, or large rooms with dynamic DSP operators
* For testing your developmental EC software without any hardware
o Automated EC Testing software can be used to verify compliance of developmental EC software to G.168 standards
* For monitoring and measuring the quality of hundreds and thousands of voice calls over any network
o Voice Band Analyzer with built-in algorithms provides voice quality metrics including: active voice level, line echo, acoustic echo, voice activity, noise levels, and many other voice metrics