Speaking to newsmen, Mr. Vijay Kulkarni, CEO of the company said,” VoIP technology is permeating the telephone network and pretty soon the majority of telephone traffic will be carried by VoIP, whether wired or wireless. It’s attractive because if designed correctly, it can be higher quality than conventional analog connections. End to end digital is far better than analog-digital-analog connections. Many codecs like wideband G.722 are much better than G.711; 8 kHz bandwidth vs. 4 kHz. Also, there are many convergence benefits e.g. integration with e-mail, portability, and ease of management.”
He added, “RTP ToolBox™ can be a powerful tool to visualize and analyze VoIP traffic. In one software package, working with your onboard NIC, all the tools are available for diagnosing VoIP call quality problems. Then start enjoying the benefits of higher quality, lower cost, and all that is advertised.”
Mr. Kulkarni further added, “RTP ToolBox™ is designed to generate and monitor RTP and RTCP packets independent of call-signaling protocols such as SIP, H323, MEGACO, or MGCP. However standard SIP is also supported. The tool is perfect for testing and developing enhanced voice features like Voice Activity Detection (VAD), echo cancellation, a host of different codecs, digit detection, digit generation, Fax over IP, jitter implementation, and much much more. It can be used to test end-user equipment such as IP phones, Analog Telephone Adapters (ATAs), and Gateways and Routers that support VoIP”.
* Voice Activity Detection (VAD) support for G726 series codecs – don’t you wish they would get rid of VAD, I mean they’ve compressed enough already. To see if VAD is the culprit, you can make calls with and without VAD.
* EVRC-C Codec support – Yet another codec that gives you more bang for the buck.
* ‘CodecOptions.ini’ file to configure parameters such as Packetization-Time, Payload-Type, Codecs, and Codec Options for User Agent SIP call generation
* Enhanced SIP Dial Interface can now dial or accept calls from all supported codecs.
* Support for the INFO and REFER methods
* Command Line Interpreter (CLI) Enhancements for RTP, RTCP, R-Factor and MOS statistics
* Support for TCL 8.5 CLI interface. The TCL interface supports call placing commands
* Re-Register Facility and expiry time for registration
* Support for WinPcap 4.1.2