Refrigerant gas sensors meet A2L global standards
NevadaNano has announced it expanded its Molecular Property Spectrometer (MPS) Refrigerant Product Family with gas sensors for A1, A2L, and A3 refrigerants.
The NevadaNano family of sensors is the first to meet the new North American Standards Developing Organisations and global IEC/CENELEC standards as well as AHRTI performance specifications for residential and commercial HVAC and cooling/refrigeration applications. As a result, the sensors are being adopted quickly by global HVAC and refrigeration.
“Emerging global regulation is putting pressure on HVAC & refrigeration equipment manufacturers to utilise low global warming refrigerants like A2L,” said Bob Christensen, Senior Director Business Development, NevadaNano. “Our innovative, versatile MPS gas sensors, which are available for immediate integration, give manufacturers an advanced solution to help them meet the January 2023 deadline for compliance to new global standards.”
Available immediately, the MPS Gas Sensor Family of A1, A2L, A3 refrigerant gas sensors deliver high performance in challenging HVAC environments with the industry’s lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) when compared to traditional catalytic bead and NDIR sensors.
NevadaNano’s MPS Gas Sensors:
- Accurately detect standard A1’s as well emerging A2L’s and A3’s without drift and ‘false positive’ alarms that create costly service calls and frustrated customers.
- Immune to ‘poisoning’ so they won’t stop working when exposed to common household and industrial chemicals enabling lifetimes exceeding ten years.
- Reduce costs by ending the need to use and maintain multiple sensors in a single location or application.
- MPS versatile platform delivers solutions to detect multiple types of refrigerant gases in diverse applications.
- Feature rugged designs that adapt to multiple markets and applications including residential and commercial HVAC, data center cooling, commercial, grocery store, cold chain refrigeration, and transportation and processing refrigeration.
- Quickly and accurately locate expensive in refrigerant leaks and proactively mitigate costly refrigerant loss.
- Continuously ensure safer environments for workers and homeowners with fast, accurate, and reliable performance.