New Fast Acting Subminiature Fuse from Littelfuse Protects Against Overcurrent Conditions
Littelfuse has released the 808 Series TE5 Fast Acting Subminiature Fuse. This 250VAC/450VDC-rated fuse is designed to protect components or internal circuits against overcurrent conditions, particularly in high voltage DC applications, such as DC power supplies. Its high interrupt rating/breaking capacity (up to 10kA@450VDC) ensures it will open safely under high fault currents.Appl
“Until now, the range of options of DC-rated fuses for high voltage applications like DC power supplies has been very limited,” said Roger Huang, Littelfuse Global Product Manager for the 800 Series TE5 product line. “This low-profile, subminiature fuse complements our existing DC-rated cartridge fuse offerings in a small footprint format. With more choices of DC-rated fuses available, circuit designers will have the greater freedom they need to develop energy-efficient DC designs.”
The 808 Series TE5 Fast Acting Subminiature Fuse offers these key features and benefits:
• High voltage/interrupt rating in a very compact size.
• High operating temperature range from -65°C to 125°C.
• 100% RoHS compliant, halogen-free and lead-free.
• UL agency approval.
• Saves printed circuit board space with its very small footprint.
• Supports high voltage DC power architectures for state-of-the-art, high efficiency datacenters.
• High interrupting capacity allows protection of high wattage power supply architectures driving next-generation, efficient datacenters.
• High reliability design and wide operating temperature range support demanding mission-critical power systems.