SMART Modular announces T5PF family of SSDs
SMART Modular Technologies has announced its T5PFLC FIPS 140-2 SSDs which provide certified authentication, sophisticated encryption, and are available in capacities from 120GB - 2TB.
FIPS 140-2 is a National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standard that outlines a set of security criteria to enable the safe handling of sensitive information and is a requirement for most high-security applications. These requirements encompass authentication, encryption, physical security, self-tests and more.
SMART’s FIPS 140-2 designation signifies that these SSDs contain cryptographic components that have been validated to NIST FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Standard which provides assurance that electronic information is highly protected and meets the stringent classification standards required by high-security applications. FIPS 140-2 Inside also indicates that an independent lab has validated the cryptographic component(s) in the SSD to the NIST FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Standard.
Michael Guzzo, Senior Director at SMART Modular Technologies said: "We are excited to offer these new FIPS 140-2 SSDs which will help our customers properly protect their sensitive data against cyber-attacks. The key advantage to FIPS 140-2 ‘inside’ is the ability to change the components around the FIPS controller and still be FIPS compliant.
“This is extremely important as technology transitions occur. This also significantly reduces the cost of implementing FIPS, and those savings are passed on to the customer. Stringent quality control processes are in place for all aspects of design, procurement and manufacturing – ensuring a highly superior SSD in the new T5PF family of products.”
- Security – FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Inside and TCG Opal 2.0.
- High performance – Up to 550 MB/s read, 530 MB/s write.
- High density – Can achieve up to 1920GB in a single 2.5” form factor.
- Reliability – Optional pFail power protection ensures data reliability.
- Commercial Grade (zero to +70°C) and Industrial Grade (-40 to +85°C) Temperature.
- Compatibility – Standard SATA SSD in 2.5” form factor, well-suited for a wide variety of applications.