This shunt-based current sensor reference design provides an accuracy of < 0.2% FSR over a temperature range of -40°C to +125°C. Precision current sensing is essential in a number of automotive applications, including battery management systems, motor currents, and others. Generally, nonlinearity, temperature drift, shunt tolerances in these locations can cause poor accuracy results. This design solves these problems by using TI’s current shunt monitors and signal conditioners (INA240, PGA400-Q1).
- Accuracy of 0.2% FSR, over temperature (-40°C to 125°C)
- Suitable for ±500A, high/low-side current sensing
- Compensated for temperature and non-linearity (second order temperature and linearity compensation algorithm)
- Protection against harness faults (overvoltage, reverse polarity, input/output signal protection)
- Electromagnetic interference (EMI) protection
- Battery Management System (BMS)
- Engine Management