channel or I/O pin can safely absorb up to 25A and repeated ESD strikes without performance degradation. Modern chipsets are highly susceptible to damage because of their extremely thin oxide layers and shallow transistor junctions. SR05 Series devices’ extremely low dynamic resistance and clamping voltage levels ensure their ability to protect today’s small geometry chipsets from damaging transients. With very low capacitance from each I/O to ground, these devices provide robust protection maintaining signal integrity, preventing data loss during transmission.
Typical applications of SR05 Series TVS Diode Arrays include protecting high-speed interfaces such as T1/E1/T3/E3 lines, Ethernet 10BaseT lines, WAN/LAN equipment, ISDN S/T interfaces, video lines, microcontroller inputs, USB1.1 ports, etc.
“The SR05 Series provides up to 25A protection against lightning-induced surges with a maximum clamping voltage of 18V, which is 10 percent lower than similar industry solutions,” said Chad Marak, director of the Littelfuse TVS Diode Arrays product line. “In addition, the SR05 is ideal for protecting high-speed data line interfaces because of its low loading capacitance (6.0pF), which is 40 percent lower than other solutions on the market. That means circuit designers don’t have to give up robust protection to maintain signal integrity.”
The SR05 Series TVS Diode Array offers these key features and benefits:
• Very low dynamic resistance (RDYN) of 0.3Ω
• Low capacitance of 6pF from I/O to GND
• Robust surge protection: lightning, IEC61000-4-5, 25A (8/20µs); peak pulse power, 450W (8/20µs)
• Enhanced ESD capability: IEC61000-4-2, ±30kV contact, ±30kV air
• Produces clamping voltages at least 10% lower than competitive devices; better able to protect modern/small geometry chipsets against industry defined transients
• Capacitance up to 40% lower than similar market solutions; helps to preserve signal integrity, minimizes data loss during transmission
• High power and surge handling capability offers more design margin to electrical threats defined by industry standards
• Enhanced ESD protection far exceeds the highest level of the IEC61000-4-2 standard (±8kV), allowing manufacturers that incorporate SR05 Series devices into their products to ensure maximum reliability in the field
The SR05 Series TVS Diode Array is available in quantities of 3,000 in tape and reel packaging. Samples are available now for bulk orders; sample requests can be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide.