NI AWR software showcased at multiple events during EuMW
Multiple events at the European Microwave Week 2016 (EuMW 2016) will showcase NI AWR Design Environment, from 4th-6th October in London.
NI AWR software demonstrations on display in Booth 4 include the latest applications featuring load pull, radar systems, antenna design, AWR Connected third-party integration flows and the newest product in the NI AWR design software portfolio, AntSyn , a cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) for antenna synthesis and optimisation solution. Booth visitors will also be treated to a special sneak peek of select new features in the upcoming V13 release.
Other EuMW activities include:
- MicroApps presentations at Stand 17.
- Bits-to-Waves Practical Workshop hosted by North Carolina State University (NCSU) Professor David Ricketts on 6th October from 9:30am-4:00pm.
- Third annual NI-sponsored RF and Microwave PA Forum on 5th October from 9:30am-2:00pm.
- Happy Hour in Booth 4 on 4th October from 4:00-5:00pm.
- Sixth annual AWR Design Forum (ADF 2016) / User Group Meeting on 4th October from 12:00-4:00pm.
MicroApps Presentations – Stand 17
- Tues. 1:30pm. - Overview of 5G: Addressing the Requirements of Next-Generation Communications Systems.
- Wed. 2:30pm. - Phased-Array Antenna Simulation for 5G.
- Wed. 4:00pm. - Multiple Simulation Technologies for Multi-Chip Module Verification and Yield Optimisation.
- Thur. 12:00pm. - An Integrated Model-Based Platform for Radar Design and Test.
ADF 2016 / User Group Meeting – 4th October:
Customer presentations include:
- Advanced Gallium Nitride (GaN) Transistor Modeling for High-Power Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuits (MMICs), Dr. Jonathan Leckey, MACOM.
- GaN MMIC and Packaging Design at Thales UK, Rashed Fazaldin, Thales.
- System-Level Simulation Using a Simplified Multi-harmonic Volterra (MHV) Power Amplifier (PA) Model, Dr. Tony Gasseling, AMCAD Engineering.
- A New Nonlinear Modeling Approach for the Analysis of Massive Multiple-In-Multiple-Out (MIMO) and Phased-Array Transmitter Impairments, Dr. Christian Fager, Chalmers University.
- A Cooperative Software and Measurement Framework for RF PA Design and Linearization, Genevieve Baudoin, ESIEE Paris.
RF/Microwave Power Amplifier (PA) Forum –5th October:
Focusing on device technologies, characterisation, modeling, and end-use applications of RF and microwave Power Amplifiers (PAs), this forum is segmented into sequential sessions to allow attendees to selectively attend any/all presentation topics of interest, which include:
- Dr. Steve C. Cripps’ Keynote: Clipping Harmonic Contours-A New RF PA Design Tool
- Source Pull and Device Performance.
- Polyharmonic Distortion (EPHD) Transistor Models.
- Load Pull.
- High-Power, High-Frequency Applications.
- Amplifier Design and Advanced Synthesis.
Hands-on Workshop –6th October:
‘From Bits to Waves: Building a Modern Digital Radio in One Day’ - In this interactive workshop it features the use of NI AWR software, participants will learn the basic theory of modern digital radios, as well as the RF circuits and systems used to build them.
- Participants need only a basic background in RF circuits, such as S-parameters and basic transmission line theory.
- Example designs will be available to ensure that everyone, from the most advanced RF designer to the student, will be successful.
- Bring only your laptop. All other materials and equipment (software and PCB fabrication-in-a-bag) will be provided.