Development kit to make IoT accessible
The new Creator Ci40 from Imagination Technologies is a new development kit designed for IoT applications and includes all the optimised hardware and open source software required for next generation connected projects. Creator Ci40 is a modular system that developers can use to prototype the hardware needed for an IoT application in five easy steps:
Features of the Creator Ci40 include:
- A high performance, low power microcomputer acting as an IoT hub and featuring a new MIPS-based chip optimised for IoT applications - the microcomputer can run a number of Linux-based operating systems, including OpenWrt, Debian as well as Brillo from Google.
- Two battery powered 6LoWPAN Clicker expansion boards with a mikroBUS socket for adding sensors.
- Three Click companion boards - a temperature sensor, a motion sensor and a relay switch (with hundreds more available from MikroElektronika).
- FlowCloud - a complete cloud platform for connecting devices to the internet, enabling easy product registration and updates as well as access to partner enabled services.
- Open source software frameworks, network stacks and cloud connectivity.