With more memory and unlimited connectivity options, the expanded SimpleLink MCU platform offers designers 100% code reuse across TI’s Arm Cortex-M4-based MCUs to enhance and connect sensor networks to the cloud.
New SimpleLink MCUs support the following wireless connectivity options:
- Sub-1GHz: CC1312R wireless MCU.
- Multi-band (Sub-1GHz, Bluetooth Low Energy, Thread and Zigbee): CC1352R and CC1352P wireless MCUs.
- Bluetooth Low Energy: CC2642R wireless MCU.
- Multi-standard (Bluetooth Low Energy, Thread and Zigbee): CC2652R wireless MCU.
- Host MCU with up to 2MB of memory: MSP432P4 MCUs.
Key features and benefits of the new SimpleLink MCUs
- The lowest power: The new wireless and host MCUs consistently achieve the lowest power in the industry, more than ten years on a coin-cell battery, and now offer a newly enhanced low power sensor controller with current consumption as low as 1.5uA for a 100Hz comparator reading.
- More than ten connectivity protocols: The expanded SimpleLink MCU platform supports a variety of connectivity protocols and standards for 2.4GHz and Sub-1GHz bands, including the latest Thread and Zigbee standards, Bluetooth Low Energy, IEEE 802.15.4g, Wireless M-Bus and more.
- Option for extended range: With the multi-band CC1352P wireless MCU, developers can extend range even further for metering and building automation applications using its integrated power amplifier with high output power of +20dBm and transmit current as low as 60mA.
- 2MB of flash memory: New SimpleLink MSP432P4 MCUs, with an integrated 16-bit precision ADC, give developers eight times more code space and the ability to host multiple wireless connectivity stacks and a 320-segment Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) with extended temperature range for industrial applications.
- Enhanced security features:The CC13x2 and CC26x2 wireless MCUs offer new security hardware accelerators for the following encryption protocols: AES-128/256, SHA2-512, Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC), RSA-2048 and True Random Number Generator (TRNG).
- Code compatibility: These new products are all supported by the SimpleLink Software Development Kit (SDK) and provide a unified framework for platform extension through 100% application code reuse.
To assist in developing with the SimpleLink MCU platform, TI offers the SimpleLink Academy, a comprehensive and interactive learning experience with overviews and training tutorials on the supported industry standards and technologies.