These comprehensive four-day courses are designed to immerse attendees in valuable aspects of embedded systems software development and improve students’ abilities in creating safe and secure embedded devices.
Barr Group also will be offering two expanded courses, 'TDD & Agile: Power Techniques for Better Embedded Software Development' and 'Best Practices for Designing Safe and Secure Embedded Systems.' These newly formatted courses have been designed to give attendees a more comprehensive look at important methodologies that are critical during the design of embedded systems.
Courses available this spring include:
- Embedded Security Boot Camp (20th-23rd March in Palo Alto, California): Attendees will engage in lecture and hands-on exercises while learning to architect and implement secure embedded systems applications, including preventing electronics, firmware, and network attacks using only the processing power and memory of resource-constrained embedded devices.
- Embedded Software Boot Camp (27th-30th March in Palo Alto, California and 2nd-5th May in Munich, Germany): Through a comprehensive set of lectures and programming exercises on actual embedded hardware, attendees will learn how to use the C programming language to create portable device drivers and, use real-time operating systems.
- Embedded Android Boot Camp (27th-30th March in Munich, Germany and 24th-27th April in Germantown, Maryland): Attendees will learn how to bring up embedded hardware with the Android OS, develop custom device drivers and publish the APIs of those custom device drivers to Android apps.
- Best Practices for Designing Safe and Secure Embedded Systems (22nd-25nd May in Germantown, Maryland and 19th-22nd June in Munich, Germany): Best design practices for developing both safe and security-hardened embedded systems will be covered. This course will dive deep into critical security issues such as embedded crypto and retrofitting security and the use of coding standards, static analysis and other best practices to increase reliability, safety, and security in embedded devices.
- TDD/Agile: Power Techniques for Better Embedded Software Development 4th-6th April in Germantown, Maryland): In this three-day hands-on course, attendees will learn the fundamentals of Test-Driven Development (TDD) for embedded C programmers and the Agile Approach to embedded software development—two of the industry’s most powerful design techniques used to develop safer, more secure, and more robust embedded software.
“Security and safety remain top concerns in the embedded industry, and their importance continues to grow with the acceleration of Internet of Things devices,” said Andrew Girson, CEO of Barr Group. “We have identified a mix of courses that would most benefit the needs of today’s embedded systems engineers, so they can develop the expertise and ability to develop safe and secure devices.”