Companies

DSM Engineering Plastics

DSM Engineering Plastics Articles

Displaying 1 - 9 of 9
Eco Innovation
21st September 2022
DSM Engineering Materials at K 2022: innovation, sustainability, digitalisation

DSM Engineering Materials announces it will attend the K 2022 in Düsseldorf, Germany. Between 19 – 26 October 2022, the company will showcase its innovations in circularity, sustainable mobility, and digitalisation that are driving transformation and empowering customers across automotive, electric, electronics, and consumer goods.

Design
20th October 2016
Polyamides changing the game in metal replacement

Global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials, Royal DSM, is making a move to substitution of die-cast metals and expensive high performance engineering thermoplastics like PEEK with the launch of a polymer at K 2016. ForTii Ace, a polyphthalamide (PPA) based on 4T chemistry, has an outstanding set of mechanical, thermal and chemical properties.

Component Management
24th August 2016
DSM and NHU partner to produce PPS compounds

Royal DSM and specialty chemicals producer Zhejiang NHU Special Materials (NHU), have inaugurated their joint venture company for polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) compounds announced in May 2015. DSM has a 60% share in DSM NHU Engineering Plastics (Zhejiang) Co Ltd., with NHU holding the remaining 40%.

Component Management
29th May 2015
Polyamides enable USB Type-C connectors

Royal DSM has announced that its high-performance polyamides, Stanyl and Stanyl ForTii, have been approved by global producers for use in next-gen USB Type-C connectors. DSM’s materials answer the need for improved levels of safety and reliability. The company highlighted its various solutions for mobile devices at Chinaplas 2015, which took place from 20th to 23rd May in Guangzhou.

Component Management
14th May 2015
Polyamide selected for use in frame splitters of Xiaomi Mi4

Smartphone manufacturer, Xiaomi Technology, has selected the Stanyl ForTii polyamide from DSM for use in the frame splitters of the Xiaomi Mi4. Smartphones with a metal frame design are in high demand, however, this design makes the transmission and receipt of antenna signals particularly challenging. Insulative antenna splitters address this challenge. 

Component Management
8th January 2015
Polyamides suit heavy-duty circuit breakers

Royal DSM says that independent research with Electrical Research & Development Association (ERDA), a co-operative research institution in India, shows that the use of DSM’s high performance polyamides in Moulded Case Circuit Breakers (MCCBs) makes them safer and more cost-effective to produce than traditional versions made in thermoset composites.

Optoelectronics
12th November 2013
DSM's Stanyl ForTii outperforms LCP in several ways

Marketed by DSM as a breakthrough LED array holder, DSM’s Stanyl ForTii F11C outperforms a liquid crystal polymer in several aspects. It has high impact strength and its very good flow properties enable it to fill a mold originally designed for an LCP. With Stanyl ForTii you can produce parts with higher weld line strength, resulting in significant less cracking during assembling.      

Optoelectronics
5th February 2013
DSM launches Stanyl ForTii LED LX solution for LED packages

DSM has introduced Stanyl ForTii LED LX, an LED specific grade of Stanyl ForTii high temperature polyamide with halogen-free flame retardant grades as a material solution for LED packages.

Optoelectronics
19th June 2012
Baleno LED Revolution: full range of LED retrofit lamps using Stanyl TC from DSM

Baleno, a high-end LED lighting manufacturer with a broad portfolio of LED solutions, has selected Stanyl TC from DSM for their complete range of exclusively styled LED retrofit lamps.

First Previous Page 1 of 1 Next Last

Featured products

Product Spotlight

Upcoming Events

View all events
Newsletter
Latest global electronics news
© Copyright 2023 Electronic Specifier