Extreme Engineering Solutions, Inc. is now shipping the XPort6192, a ruggedized, removable SATA solid-state disk (SSD) supporting 256-bit AES encryption and declassification capabilities. With its storage capacity of up to 256 GB and its maximum performance of up to 240 MB/s (read) and 215 MB/s (write), the XPort6192 is ideal for conduction- or air-cooled military applications requiring secure, high-capacity, and high-performance removable storage media.
The XPort6192 tops the XPort6191—X-ES’s previous generation of removable SATA SSD products—in every category. With much higher capacity, greater performance, and more security features, the XPort6192 is an excellent upgrade option. To facilitate this upgrade, the XPort6192 provides a migration path by supporting all the same carrier options as the XPort6191. Both the XPort6192 and XPort6191 can be housed by the XPort6170 (3U VPX carrier) or the XPand3200/XPand4200 (½ ATR chassis).
The XPort6192 features include:
• Small form factor that fits within a standard 3U 0.8 pitch slot
• Based on reliable SLC NAND flash technology
• Up to 256 GB capacity
• Up to 240 MB/s read and 215 MB/s write performance
• AES 256-bit encryption (optional)
• ATA Secure Erase support
• Declassification (enhanced erase) support (optional)
• Designed for rugged environments (-40 °C to 85 °C operating temperature range)
• 100,000 program/erase cycles
• Global wear leveling support for added memory endurance
• High-reliability connector supporting 100,000 insertions/extractions
• Easy insertion and extraction mechanism
• 36 connector key options