The company are currently seeking a candidate for the Application Engineer position in Virginia, US.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities for this position include engineering of systems typically used in the monitoring and control of electrical power distribution. Specific tasks may include consulting with customers to determine system operation requirements, configuring and commissioning SE Power Monitoring System, programming of PLC applications and HMI interfaces, designing electrical control panels, specifying and purchasing of hardware/software as required by project, and performing start-up services, troubleshooting and training for commissioned systems.
Travel up to 40% to customer sites required. Majority of travel is domestic with occasional international opportunities.
- Experience in the field of emergency power generation and distribution, including switchgear control applications and generator control applications.
- BS in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering with emphasis on control systems, software engineering or computer science.
- Minimum four years of experience in designing and commissioning power distribution systems.
- Developing HMI/SCADA solutions for electrical power monitoring and control applications.
- Supporting development of software standards for modular, scalable, reusable solutions.
- Low and medium voltage switchgear troubleshooting experience.
- PLC programming and troubleshooting experience.
- HMI configuration experience, including graphical screen development.
- Good understanding of communication protocols and interfaces such as ModBus and IEC 61850.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a group setting, team oriented, self-motivated, and results driven.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply applicable industry standards, such as NEC, UL, ISO, IEEE, and other requirements as needed.
- Willingness to travel.
- Stable work history.
- Citect Certified Engineer (CCE).
- Experience with industry standard communication protocols such as Modbus, ModbusTCP, BacNet, Profibus.
- Knowledgeable in computer programming languages (VB, C#, C++, Java script), database design (SQL), HTML development.
- Knowledgeable in computer networking architectures, topologies and hardware.
- Experience with integrating devices from multiple vendors into packaged solution (system integration).
- Programming experience with Schneider / Modicon PLCs, using Concept or Unity Pro programming software.
- HMI experience with Citect, Profit Suite, Wonderware, Intellution, PanelView and Magelis.
Click here to apply now.