NXP - First All-in-One Digital One-Chip for Automotive Radio Digital
Today NXP Semiconductors announced the industry’s first RFCMOS-based, all-in-one digital chip for automotive radio applications. The TEF663x integrates AM/FM radio and audio signal post-processing functions in a single integrated circuit (IC). Until now, the tuner, radio DSP and audio post-processing DSP cores were separate ICs.NXP’s TEF663x will be on demonstration during the International CES 2011 at NXP’s showcase, located at the Wynn Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, NV. The TEF663x will be showcased along with the SAF356x multi-standard baseband processor for digital terrestrial radio systems and other automotive infotainment products, integrated into a complete stand-alone system Concept Radio Demonstrator.
* NXP’s RFCMOS-based Digital One-Chip Receiver TEF663x, includes tuner front-end, radio and audio processing with support of HD radio, DRM and single or dual tuner DAB/DAB+/T-DMB via NXP’s SAF356x.
* By combining the RFCMOS front-end with mixed signal PLL and audio codecs, the TEF663x offers more than 30 percent improvement in power consumption for equivalent system functions based on previous generation ICs.
* With advanced radio and audio algorithms for signal processing, the automotive qualified TEF663x meets key car OEM radio and audio performance requirements, as well as the AEC-Q100 standard, and supports all major analog radio and terrestrial digital radio standards, with the companion chip SAF356x.
* The only solution where the radio receiver integrates AM/FM RF front-end with radio and audio baseband processing on a single die, the TEF663x offers automotive infotainment engineers a simple way to reduce PCB space, RF design risk and R&D costs.
* The audio signal processing contains basic functionality such as tone-volume-mute control as well as advanced digital audio processing such as audio equalization, chimes, etc. Additionally, the TEF663x offers a rich selection of digital and analog inputs and outputs to allow flexible integration of multiple audio sources and outputs.
* “As the leading global automotive supplier, we depend on NXP for the development of our automotive infotainment innovations in radio and audio processor technologies,” said Kiyoshi Katsuki, vice general manager and senior manager OEM design department of Alpine Electronics. “Integrating NXP’s TEF663x into our platform was seamless and with shorter development cycles. With NXP, we’re able to offer an outstanding end result that gives our customers the ability to enjoy high-quality personalized content from multiple sources and to adapt the potential of RFCMOS technology with authoritative roadmap products. Additionally TEF663x will be a cost effective solution for Alpine and will strengthen our relationship with NXP.”
* “As complete DSP-based radio and audio signal processing become more prevalent in automotive applications, design engineers are in need of higher system integrations and affordable solutions that improve power consumption and help speed time to market,” said Torsten Lehmann, Vice-President and General Manager, Business Line Car Entertainment, NXP Semiconductors. “The TEF663x underscores NXP’s commitment to the latest automotive-qualified RFCMOS technology and cost-effective, high-quality solutions optimized for car radio manufacturers worldwide.”
14th June 2011
Le marché français de CADSTAR en plein boom – Novacad gagne le prix du distributeur européen CADSTAR de l'année décerné par Zuken
7th June 2011
Microchip améliore sont environnement de développement sans fil MiWiTM pour réseaux IEEE 802.15.4 à 2,4 GHz et réseaux inférieurs à 1 GHz non soumis à règlementation
31st May 2011
Elan Digital Annonce Un Pcb Demonstrateur Avec Logiciel Pour Leur Composant Interface USB - USBHC869
5th April 2011
Aegis dévoilera la première application mondiale de gestion de production pour iPhone, iPad et iPod touch au salon SMT 2011
9th March 2011
PRQA présente une nouvelle approche en matière de détection des failles de sécurité et défauts en C et C++
2nd March 2011
L'environnement Simplicity Studio d'Energy Micro réduit le temps nécessaire au développement de systèmes embarqués à base de microcontrôleurs
2nd March 2011
Green Hills Software annonce la prise en charge par INTEGRITY du VLE pour les microcontrôleurs Power Architecture