These devices integrate a pre-amplifier, Low Drop-Out Regulator (LDO) and Analogus-to-Digital Converter (ADC) that converts Electret Condenser Microphone (ECM) outputs to digital pulse density modulation (PDM) data streams. This provides advanced noise rejection capabilities as well as an easy interface to mobile handset processors – resulting in better sound quality.
Features and Benefits:
• FAN3850A features both 16dB and 19dB gain versions.
• FAN3850T offers 15dB gain and includes integrated negative temperature coefficient to compensate for ECM positive temperature coefficient to achieve a flat sensitivity response over temperature.
• Pre-amplifier accepts analogue signals from the ECM and drives an over-sampled sigma delta ADC and outputs Pulse Density Modulation (PDM) data streams.
• Powered from the system supply rails, 1.64V to 3.63V, with lower power consumption of only 0.8mW and less than 20µW in power down mode.
• Excellent signal to noise ratio (SNR), lower distortion, and high power supply rejection even at high sound pressure levels (SPL).
• Suitable for use in mobile handset and notebook microphone applications.
Dedicated to delivering “Solutions for Your Success™,” Fairchild Semiconductor is a mobile technology leader offering a substantial portfolio of analog and power IP that can be customised to meet specific design requirements. By integrating leading circuit technologies into tiny, advanced packages, Fairchild provides mobile users significant advantages while reducing the size, cost and power of designs. Fairchild’s mobile IP can be found in a majority of handsets in use today.