new Agilent InfiniiVision 2000 X- Series offers bandwidths from 70 MHz to 200 MHz and boasts the fastest waveform update rate in its class for superior viewing of signal detail and capture of infrequent events. First-in-class optional 8-channel mixed-signal oscilloscope (MSO) capability and the industry's only optional integrated function generator offer more capabilities to engineers and educators with highly constrained equipment budgets.
The new Agilent InfiniiVision 3000 X-Series scopes step up performance while aggressively holding prices in line, offering bandwidths from 100 MHz to 500 MHz and industry-leading waveform update rates of 1,000,000 waveforms per second. Options include a 16-channel MSO, an integrated function generator, and hardware-accelerated serial protocol decode.
Electronic design and test teams in nearly every industry, including the computer, communications, semiconductor, aerospace/defense, automotive and wireless industries, continue to produce increasingly sophisticated hardware. Engineers and technicians use oscilloscopes as their primary tools to test and debug those designs. In addition, educators need affordable, industry-grade oscilloscopes to help prepare the next generation of engineers for success.
The new Agilent InfiniiVision X-Series oscilloscopes will revolutionize the field of engineering education, said Adam Fontecchio, Ph.D., co-director of the A. J. Drexel Nanotechnology Institute at Drexel University. The ability to upgrade hardware capabilities after purchase through software add-ons opens new possibilities for continually updating course content to adapt to the changing needs of global engineering markets and to keep our engineering students on the cutting edge of instrumentation and practical skills.
The heart of the InfiniiVision X-Series scopes is an Agilent-designed custom 90-nm CMOS ASIC with 6M gates and embedded memory. This MegaZoom IV single-chip architecture enables the industry's fastest waveform update rates and responsive deep memory along with integrated logic analyzer, function generator, and protocol analyzer functionality so engineers and educators have highly advanced scope performance at economical prices.
Because of our deep technology capabilities, Agilent is uniquely qualified to deploy leading-edge technology to solve customer problems, said Jay Alexander, vice president and general manager of Agilent's oscilloscopes business. With the InfiniiVision 2000 and 3000 X-Series, we focused on delivering industry-leading signal viewing capabilities, and we added options for an integrated function generator and brought our MSO technology into the economy scope segment for the first time.
Agilent InfiniiVision X-Series oscilloscopes offer compelling benefits for engineers and technicians to:
* See more of the signal more of the time: InfiniiVision X-Series models provide the fastest update rates in their class -- up to 1,000,000 waveforms per second -- with MegaZoom IV technology that also minimizes blind time and maintains responsiveness with deep memory enabled. All InfiniiVision X-Series models are equipped with an 8.5-inch WVGA display, which offers twice the viewing area of other popular scopes. Yet they weigh only 4 pounds and conserve bench space with a small footprint, about 15 inches wide and less than 6 inches deep.
* Do more with the power of four instruments in one: In addition to best-in-class oscilloscope performance, InfiniiVision X-Series oscilloscopes offer optional integrated MSO capability for time-aligned digital and analog signal viewing, an optional integrated function generator, and optional hardware-accelerated serial protocol analysis (on the 3000 X-Series models only).
* Get more investment protection with upgrade options: The InfiniiVision X-Series is the only fully upgradable (including bandwidth) scope in its class so engineers and technicians can purchase what they need today and add capability as their performance needs evolve. Optional measurement software packages add functionality, either at time of purchase or as needs arise:
* segmented memory for analysis of laser pulses, radar bursts and serial packets;
* hardware-accelerated mask testing to quickly perform pass/fail analysis using known good waveforms; and
* hardware-accelerated serial decode and trigger for I2C, SPI, CAN, LIN, I2S, RS-232 and other UARTs (available only on the InfiniiVision 3000 X-Series).
Oscilloscopes are a core product category for Agilent, said Ron Nersesian, president of Agilent's Electronic Measurement Group. The addition of the value-based InfiniiVision 2000 and 3000 X-Series scopes to our portfolio, which also includes the industry-leading Infiniium line of performance scopes with true analog bandwidth up to 32 GHz, demonstrates our sustained commitment to growing the business.