LT8582 operates from an input voltage range of 2.5V to 22V with transient protection to 40V, making it suitable for applications with input sources ranging from a single-cell Li-Ion to automotive inputs. The LT8582 is ideal for many local power supply designs as each channel can be independently configured as either a boost, SEPIC, inverting or flyback converter. The combination of a 4mm x 7mm DFN package and tiny externals ensures a very compact footprint while minimizing solution cost.
The LT8582’s low VCESAT switches, 0.27V (tied together at 2.75A) can deliver efficiencies up to 90%. A power good pin is offered for ease of use when event-based sequencing is required. For high voltage outputs, the LT8582’s slave switch enables high power charge pump topologies which are very efficient and require few external components. The LT8582’s switching frequency can be programmed via a single resistor or synchronized to an external clock between 200kHz and 2.5MHz, minimizing external component sizes and avoiding “noise critical” frequency bands. Undervoltage lockout (UVLO) is user adjustable for optimal system performance. Each channel requires a single feedback resistor to set the output voltage, minimizing external components. Other features include external synchronization capability, output short circuit protection and frequency foldback.
The LT8582EDKD is available in a 7mm x 4mm DFN-24 package and is priced at $3.75 each for 1,000 piece quantities. An industrial temperature (-40°C to 125°C) version, the LT8582IDKD, is priced at $4.13 each for 1,000 piece quantities. Both versions are available from stock.
Summary of Features: LT8582
• Dual 42V, 3A Combined Power Switch
• Master/Slave (1.7A/1.3A) Switch Design
• Wide Input Range: 2.5V to 22V Operating, 40V Maximum Transient
• Power Good Pin for Event-Based Sequencing
• Switching Frequency Up to 2.5MHz
• Each Channel Easily Configurable as a Boost, SEPIC, Inverting or Flyback Converter
• Low VCESAT Switch: 270mV at 2.75A (Typical)
• Can be Synchronized to an External Clock
• Output Short-Circuit Protection
• High Gain SHDN Pin Accepts Slowly Varying Input Signals
• 24-Pin 7mm x 4mm DFN Package
• Dual 3A, 42V Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with Integrated Fault Protection