Able to measure one voltage and up to six current channels, the new AFE provides high-accuracy energy usage and power quality data for each circuit. Since it interfaces to standard microcontrollers, the ADE7816 energy measurement AFE is specifically suited for applications that require more processor flexibility and peripheral options than is offered by fixed-configuration SOC (system-on-chip) devices. Additionally, multiple ADE7816 energy measurement AFEs can interface with a single application processor resulting in scalable and cost-effective solutions.
• View the ADE7816 energy measurement AFE product page, order samples, and download the data sheet: http://www.analog.com/ADE7816.
ADE7816 Energy Measurement AFE Key Features
• Supports flexible system design by interfacing with a wide variety of user-selectable microcontroller configurations
• Enables scalable system design by using multiple ADE7816 AFEs with a single application MCU (microcontroller)
• Flexible system design supports shunts, Rogowski coils and current transformers
• Flexible I2C, SPI (serial port interface) and HSDC (high-speed data capture) provide access to real-time raw waveform samples
• Saves board space and cost by replacing up to six single-phase energy metering ICs (integrated circuits)
• Uses ADI’s field-proven, revenue-grade measurements that include active and reactive energies, instantaneous rms voltage and currents
• Saves development time by integrating power quality information, including over-voltage, over-current, peak and sag detection
• Provides industry leading less than 0.2 percent error in active and reactive energy over a dynamic range of 3000:1 and meets accuracy requirements of Class 0.5 revenue-grade electricity meters