When powered up, the LTC2955 can power down a system via pushbutton and optionally can use interrupt logic to request a system power-down in menu-driven applications (“soft” shutdown), or automatically power-down a system if the supply is removed. Absolutely no code is required to configure the device. The LTC2955 is a simple, yet configurable, high voltage pushbutton controller that provides a common set of on/off power options.
The LTC2955’s wide operating range of 1.5V to 36V caters to single cell, multicell and high voltage applications, including desktop and notebook computers, consumer electronics, portable instruments and automotive electronics. The robust pushbutton input handles wide voltage swings of up to ±36V and ESD strikes up to ±25kV, and is designed to operate in noisy environments. A mode select pin enables users to select automatic turn-on and turn-off combinations, and battery run time is maximized thanks to a low 1.2µA quiescent current. The LTC2955’s power good output, interrupt output, and kill input provide simple interfacing with an optional microprocessor. In case a microprocessor fails to respond to an interrupt request, an adjustable turn-off timer enables users to set the required amount of time a pushbutton must be depressed in order to force a system power-down.
The LTC2955 is available today in both positive (LTC2955-1) and negative (LTC2955-2) enable polarities, and in a 10-pin 3mm x 2mm DFN or 8-lead ThinSOT™ package. Offered over the commercial and industrial temperature ranges, pricing for the LTC2955 starts at $1.98 each in 1000-piece quantities.
Summary of Features: LTC2955
• Automatic Turn-On with Voltage Monitor Input
• Wide Input Supply Range: 1.5V to 36V
• Low Supply Current: 1.2µA
• ±25kV ESD HBM on /PB Input
• ±36V Wide Input Voltage for /PB Input
• Low Leakage EN Output Allows DC/DC Converter Control (LTC2955-1)
• High Voltage /EN Output Drives External P-Channel MOSFET (LTC2955-2)
• Simple Interface Allows Graceful µP Shutdown
• Adjustable Turn-Off Timer
• 10-Lead 3mm x 2mm DFN & 8-Lead ThinSOT™ Packages