This eliminates the need for an external amplifier, saving cost and reducing board space by nearly 24 percent over competitive devices in automated test equipment (ATE), instrumentation, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), and machine and motion control applications.
Key features and benefits
· The converters offer a three times faster settling time (10-us) than competitive devices while maintaining maximum integral nonlinearity (INL) accuracy of ±4 LSB and typical low glitch energy of 1 nVs.
· Built-in user calibration balances the system offset of the entire signal chain.
· Zero error thermocouple (TC) and gain error TC of ±3 ppm/ºC increase system accuracy and repeatability.
· Two offset DACs allow for either symmetrical or asymmetrical shifting of the output voltage range, allowing a user to customize the application’s DAC output without sacrificing resolution.
· Customers can speed time-to-market with compatible TI devices: the REF5050 single voltage reference, Stellaris® ARM® Cortex-M3-based microcontrollers (MCUs), as well as C2000™ Piccolo™ and Delfino™ MCUs for real-time control.