The device can be used to control and drive most power supply topologies including resonant mode for high efficiency. The ADP1046 is pin-compatible with ADI’s award winning ADP1043A but offers advanced features and greater flexibility, including voltage feed-forward for fast line transient response; dedicated control loop configuration to improve loop response and reduce output noise; and adaptive dead-time control for enhanced efficiency across the entire load range. The ADP1046 is specifically designed for high efficiency AC-to-DC power supplies used in server, storage and networking applications and isolated DC-to-DC supplies including intermediate bus and radio power amplifier applications.
More About the ADP1046 Digital Power Controller
The ADP1046 power controller is easily programmed using an intuitive graphical-user interface which enables customers to design and optimise robust systems without the complex code programming required by alternative DSP (digital signal processor) based devices. The I2C interface allows read-back of key parametric data and enables extensive programmability of operation and fault handling. Based on Analog Devices’ precision, high speed A/D converter technology, the ADP1046 is suited to parallel and redundant power supply operation and offers analog and digital current sharing functions and control of the external OR-FET for redundant power supply applications.
Key ADP1046 Features and Benefits:
• Flexible, easy to use, digital controller for high efficiency AC-to-DC and isolated DC-to-DC power supply systems
• GUI programmability promotes ease of use and reduces time to market
• Digital control loop with seven logic PWM logic signals drives most power supply topologies including resonant mode for high efficiency
• Voltage feed-forward improves line transient response
• Dedicated loop filters for soft start, light load and normal load offer improved. loop response and enhance design flexibility
• Adaptive dead-time control for improved efficiency across the entire load range
• Current share and OR-ing control for use in parallel and redundant systems
• User accessible 8 Kbyte EEPROM
• I2C interface allows extensive programming and telemetry.
Availability, Pricing and Complementary Components
Product Full Production Temperature Range Price Each Per 1,000 Packaging
ADP1046 Now -40°C to +85°C $4.50 32-lead LFCSP
ADP1046- Now -- $600.00 --
The ADP1046 digital controller is designed to complement the high-speed MOSFET drivers and ADI’s iCoupler® digital isolators in isolated power systems, and the ADP1047 and ADP1048 power factor correction digital controllers in AC-to-DC systems. These devices facilitate easy implementation of intelligent power management for greater energy efficiency.