Silicon Labs will unveil its latest advances in multiprotocol connectivity, embedded development tools and platforms, and smart home solutions at Embedded World 2017 in Nuremburg, Germany, March 14-16.
Hands-on demonstrations at Silicon Labs’ Booth 4A-128 will showcase new EFR32 Wireless Gecko SoC devices, EFM32 Gecko MCUs, proprietary wireless networking solutions, smart home and connected lighting reference designs, wireless sensor node development kits and low-power, cloud-connected Wi-Fi modules. Developers can also see live demonstrations of the latest embedded real-time operating system (RTOS) from Micrium Software at Booth 4-350.
“Multiprotocol connectivity, wireless networking standards, application frameworks and development platforms are keys to accelerating growth in the Internet of Things,” said Michele Grieshaber, chief marketing officer for Silicon Labs. “We’re excited to unveil our latest silicon, software and solutions at Embedded World focusing on the needs of embedded developers.”
Silicon Labs Demos at Booth 4A-128
• Miniaturize IoT end-node products with Silicon Labs’ Blue Gecko system-in-package (SiP) module, offering the world’s smallest Bluetooth low energy footprint.
• Future-proof embedded IoT designs with next-generation Gecko MCUs, Bluetooth low energy technology and Micrium RTOS visualization tools.
• Jumpstart proprietary wireless network designs with EFR32 Flex Gecko SoCs and easy-to-use Simplicity Studio development tools.
• Accelerate Apple HomeKit-enabled smart home accessories with Silicon Labs’ Blue Gecko hardware, software and wireless development tools.
• Get to market faster with Silicon Labs’ smart home and connected lighting reference designs featuring Thread and zigbee mesh networking technologies.
• Add wireless sensor-to-cloud connectivity to IoT designs with Silicon Labs’ feature-packed Thunderboard Sense development kit and biometric-sensing smart watch demo.
• Discover the latest low-power, cloud-connected Wi-Fi module technology from Zentri, a Wi-Fi innovator recently acquired by Silicon Labs.
Micrium Software Demos at Booth 4-350
• Learn how to simplify and automate the process of creating embedded projects with the latest Micrium software tools.
• See how easy it is to create a smart home gateway using Micrium software components connected to Amazon Web Services.
Silicon Labs’ connectivity, security and embedded experts will deliver the following conference and panel presentations at Embedded World (NCC Ost):
• “Driving Wi-Fi, Zigbee and Thread Wireless Coexistence in the 2.4 GHz band,” 11:30 a.m. – noon, Session 03-I, Connectivity – Wireless Technologies I
• “Running Your Embedded System at 0 MIPS – the Power of Autonomy,” 4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m., Session 12, Low Power
• Security Panel: “Safe for the Future,” 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., Exhibitor’s Forum, Hall 4
• “Which IoT Protocol Should I Use for My System?” 11 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., Session 13, Internet of Things III – Profiles & Interfaces
• “Advanced Use Cases for Linked DMA,” 9:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m., Session 33, System on Chip
• “Exploring the Hidden Costs of Using a 99-Cent Wireless SoC,” 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., Session 33, System on Chip
• “Security Tradeoffs and Commissioning Methods for IoT Wireless Protocols,” 11:30 – noon, Session 28-I, Security V – Secure Communication I
• “The Anatomy of a Secure Thing of the Internet,” 1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m., Session 27, Security IV – Security for Industry
• “Top 5 Key Considerations for RTOS-based Designs,” 2:30 a.m. – 3:00 a.m., Session 36, Embedded OS/RTOS