Mr. Vadalia further added, “PacketCheck™ has wide ranging applications - including maximum IP bandwidth measurement between two points, Round Trip Delay (RTD) between two IP address locations with microsecond accuracy, Locating LAN Data Switch packet dropping and errors occurrence, detection of traffic overlaod, testing network behavior with real world traffic like IPTV, VoIP and more. PacketCheck™ makes use of the PC's network interface card (NIC) to transmit and receive Ethernet or IP packets over the network.Throughputs up to 800 Mbps can be easily tested. The application generates multi stream Ethernet/IP/UDP traffic and measures end to end performance such as Byte Error Rate, Total Packets, Packet loss, Out of Sequence Packets, and Errorred Packets”.
Important Enhancements Introduced:
* HDL File Playback
PacketCheck™ can now transmit HDL file traffic. An HDL file is GL's Ethernet traffic capture format. In addition to the captured packet, HDL file contains additional information like the captured timestamp. PacketCheck™ can retransmit traffic according to the stored timestamp or the user can provide his own Inter Frame Gap. Also, the user is able to replace the stored MAC/IP/UDP header parameters with configured parameters. HDL File Playback gives PacketCheck™ the ability to simulate real world traffic like IPTV, VoIP, and data.
* Traffic Generation Modes
A new traffic generation mode has been introduced into PacketCheck™ – the IFG (Inter Frame Gap) mode. Previous versions had only the Burst Mode, where traffic generated was bursty and the emphasis was on maintainence of the configured bandwidth. In the new IFG mode, the emphasis is on maintaining the Inter Frame Gap between successive packet transmissions. User can configure the IFG value.
* PacketCheck™ Command Line Interface
A new Command Line Interface (CLI) has been added to PacketCheck™. All the functionalities of PacketCheck™ can be accessed via commands, instead of the GUI. The CLI can be accessed through GL’s proprietary WCS (Windows Client Server) architecture, thereby allowing remote execution of commands.
* Report Generation
PacketCheck™ now has the capability to generate report at the end of the test. Report includes information such as the Statistics, Configuration Information, NIC card details etc. Report can be generated in various formats like Portable Document Format (PDF), Rich Text Format (RTF), Document Format (doc), Excel Sheet Format (xls), HTML Format with customizable headers and footers. Users can include their comments and logo in the report.
Other features include:
* Test Ethernet traffic of up to 800Mbps bandwidth
* Generates full duplex IP, UDP, or Ethernet frame traffic to transmit and/or receive traffic on any of the three layers (Data Link / Network / Transport) with on-demand bandwidth
* Multistream Traffic generation with independent configuration parameters and measurements for each stream
* PRBS Pattern Generation/Verfication of various patterns like QRSS, 2ˆ6-1, 2ˆ9-1, 2ˆ11-1, 2ˆ15-1, 2ˆ20-1, and 2ˆ23-1
* Measures Byte Error Rate, Declares Sync/Sync Loss and Monitors Performance Statistics like Throughput, Packet loss, Out of order packets, Calculates Round Trip delay
* Run Time Impairments generation of various impairments like Insert/Delete Bytes, Change Bytes etc.
* Jumbo frames are supported, in addition to all normal frame sizes from 64 bytes to 1518 bytes
* Customizable protocol headers like MAC Source/Destination address, Length/Type field, IP Source/destination address, and UDP Source/Destination Port