Combined with NEC's new ProgrammableFlow support, these new features will become an important factor to help accelerate cloud computing
by maximizing the effectiveness of operational expenditure, especially business critical applications and database consolidation at corporate data centers. The Express5800/R120d-2M and R120d-1M family of platforms will be powered by these innovative features.
Customers are demanding platforms that deliver both versatility and performance, said Dylan Larson, Director of Marketing for Intel's Datacenter Infrastructure Group. The Intel Xeon E5-2600 product family delivers exceptional energy efficiency, trusted security, and leading performance. NEC's continued investments take advantage of these innovations to deliver platforms that meet customers' needs.
The combination of NEC's Express5800 E5 Generation Servers with ProgrammableFlow networking delivers high levels of advanced infrastructure solutions for the next-generation data center, said Tetsuhide Senta, Assistant General Manager of the IT Network Global Solutions Division, NEC Corporation. The Express5800 E5 generation continues to demonstrate NEC's commitment to deliver advanced innovation to Intel's next generation processor architecture.
Primary features of the enhanced Express5800 E5 Generation Series servers include:
- Cloud enablement: NEC's award-winning ProgrammableFlow Networking Software will leverage the Express5800 E5 Generation to dramatically reduce the complexity and cost of networking through a Software Defined Networking architecture.
- High temperature support: Raising the bar in terms of data center efficiency, the server is operable in ambient temperatures as high as 40 degrees Celsius (104 degrees Fahrenheit), reducing the total power consumption of data centers.
- Green Computing: In addition to the processor, the control of DIMM energy enables more powerful and flexible energy saving than the previous models, including a power capping function.
- Simplified Manageability and Advanced Serviceability: NEC's third generation server management technology, EXPRESSSCOPE Engine 3, mounts remote management capabilities enabling direct access to the controller without special software. Also, the EXPRESSSCOPE Profile Key chipset maintains critical system profile information through factory replacement to preserve system data during module replacement.
- Flexible system configuration: The number of PCIe slots available to users has increased through the support of an internal RAID controller and a dedicated PCIe slot for network adapters.