Texas Instruments Incorporated today introduced the industry’s highest-performance and lowest-cost evaluation boards for evaluating high-speed data converters. The TSW1400EVM data capture and pattern generation board evaluates up to 16-bit analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) and digital-to-analog converters (DACs).
It costs 75-percent less than the previous generation, while providing twice the memory. Additionally, the TSW1405EVM for pattern capture and the TSW1406EVM for pattern generation are the lowest-cost solutions of their kind by up to 80 percent, providing simple and ultra-low cost platforms for quick evaluation of TI data converters.
Key features and benefits of the TSW1400EVM:
• Complete system to capture and evaluate data samples and to generate and send desired test patterns to DAC evaluation modules (EVMs) via an intuitive graphical user interface (GUI).
• Includes 1 GB of memory, twice as much as competing platforms, enabling 512-M sample depth for higher fast Fourier transform (FFT) resolution and capturing larger data frames for demodulation analysis.
• Compatible with CMOS- and LVDS-interface ADC and DAC EVMs, while supporting up to eight simultaneous-channel analyses.
• Supports up to 1.5-GSPS LVDS I/O rates for both ADCs and DACs, enabling use with most TI ADC and DAC EVMs at maximum interface and sample rates.
Key features and benefits of the TSW1405EVM and TSW1406EVM:
• Provide simple pattern generation for 16-bit LVDS ADCs and DACs with up to 64k sample depth via an easy-to-use graphical user interface.
• Support 1-GSPS LVDS I/O rates for both ADCs and DACs, enabling use with most TI ADC and DAC evaluation modules at maximum sample rates.
• Industry’s lowest-cost evaluation platforms with a suggested retail price less than US$100.
Availability and pricing
The TSW1400EVM is available today for a suggested retail price of US$649. The TSW1405EVM and TSW1406EVM will be available in March 2012 for a suggested retail price of US$99 respectively.
TI at Mobile World Congress
Going to Mobile World Congress (MWC)? Visit TI at Booth 8A84 (Hall 8) to hear the latest analog, embedded processing, wireless, and DLP® news.