The acquisition of Temp-Flex, a manufacturer of micro-miniature wire, cable and continuous coils using biomedical coating and medical grade base metals, supports the company’s goal of developing technologies that provide medical device manufacturers with the maximum in product efficiency, reliability and flexibility for the ultimate in patient care.
As director, Wayne Shockloss will lead a team that has already introduced several ground-breaking products under the MediSpec™ portfolio. These products specifically address the electronic design demands of medical equipment manufacturers engineering new and emerging healthcare products in diagnostic imaging, therapeutic, surgical, patient monitoring, hospital and patient care and healthcare IT applications.
“By converging our innovative interconnect solutions with Temp-Flex’s long-standing expertise in complex cable assembly design, Molex is in a unique position to incorporate unique and commercial electronic design ideas into next-generation medical applications,” said Shockloss.
Molex offers a diverse range of products and solutions for the medical field through MediSpec, as well as other business units that have applications in medical electronics.
• MediSpec Hybrid Circular MT Cable and Receptacle System: An integrated optical and electrical solution that reduces the number of connectors required in medical equipment and devices.
• MediSpec Medical Plastic Circular (MPC) Connector System: Featuring the world-class LFH™ (low force helix) contact design, the products provide a high-performance and affordable alternative to typical medical circular connectors.
• MediSpec Moulded Interconnect Device/Laser Direct Structuring (MID/LDS) Capabilities: Combines the versatility of the two-shot moulding process and the speed and precision of LDS capabilities helping medical device designers integrate complex electrical and mechanical features into highly compact applications.
• Mini-Fit® Plus HMC (High-Mating Cycle): Achieves the greatest durability and current per circuit available today for mid-range power applications without increasing design dimensions.
• Fibre Optic Product Families: As a leading supplier of advanced fibre optic solutions, Molex offers a broad range of high-density products, including interconnects and adapters, assemblies, backplanes and more.
• Copper Flexible Circuit Products: The products provide a high-signal frequency and flexibility for advanced medical monitoring and diagnostic devices.
• Capacitive Switches: Includes both integrated and custom solutions to provide unlimited possibilities for the medical industry.
• Polymicro Technologies (a subsidiary of Molex): Multiple medical applications are available from the world’s leading supplier of silica capillary tubing and specialty optical fibres, optical fibre and capillary assemblies, discrete micro components and quartz optical fibre ferrules.