The LT3690's Burst Mode® operation requires only 70µA of quiescent current, ideal for applications such as automotive or telecom systems, which demand always-on operation and optimum battery life. Switching frequency is user-programmable from 170kHz to 1.5MHz, enabling the designer to optimize efficiency while avoiding critical noise-sensitive frequency bands. The combination of its 4mm x 6mm QFN-26 package and high switching frequency keeps external inductors and capacitors small, providing a compact, thermally efficient footprint.
The H-grade version operates from -40°C to a junction temperature of 150°C, and is guaranteed and tested throughout this temperature range. Similarly, the MP-grade version operates from -55°C to a junction temperature of 150°C, and is guaranteed and tested throughout this temperature range. Electrical specifications for the H-grade and the MP-grade are identical to the E and I grades. They are ideal for automotive, industrial and military applications, which are subject to high ambient temperatures.
Both the LT3690HUFE and the LT3690MPUFE are available in 26-lead 4mm x 6mm QFN packages. Pricing starts at $5.70 and $14.70 each, respectively, for 1,000-piece quantities and are available from stock.
Summary of Features:
LT3690HUFE & LT3690MPUFE
• High Temperature & Reliability
Versions of 36V, 4A Synchronous Monolithic Step-Down Regulators
• Wide Input Range: Operation from
3.9V to 36V, Overvoltage Lockout
Protects Circuits Through 60V Transients
• 4A Continuous Maximum Output Current
• Integrated 30mOhm N-Channel Synchronous Switch
• 70µA IQ at 12VIN to 3.3VOUT
• Low Ripple Burst Mode® Operation Allows Output Ripple <15mVP-P
• Programmable Input Undervoltage Lockout
• 0.8V Feedback Reference Voltage
• Output Voltage 0.8V to 20V
• Programmable & Synchronizable Oscillator (170kHz to 1.5MHz)
• Soft-Start-up & Output Voltage Tracking
• Short-Circuit Robust
• Power Good Flag
• Small Thermally Enhanced4mm x 6mm QFN Package
• -55°C to 150°C Temperature Range-MP Grade
• -40°C to 150°C Temperature Range-H Grade