Phoenix (booth number 1363) will be showing the controller as the first product in its Firebird range of instrumentation equipment as it looks to further develop its offering to meet customer demands.
“At Phoenix, we are all about customers. With Firebird, we have responded to customer requests to provide plug and play instruments incorporating the already-successful Phoenix components and our modular approach will give us the flexibility to provide further developments as we move forward,” said Phoenix Photonics CEO Dr Ian Giles.
The instrument is developed around the already-established Phoenix all-fibre three waveplate polarization controller/scanner. Its benefits include:
• Microprocessor-based control of each individual waveplate
• Easy-to-use PC interface – USB, RS232 and GPIB and Ethernet as options
• All-fibre technology
• Programmable waveforms – sine, square, ramp and user-defined
• Random scrambling option
• Optional channel count up to four
• Benchtop or 19” rack
• Front panel manual control option
Phoenix primarily provides optical fibre test and measurement instrumentation for the telecommunications and sensing industries. The company also supplies University R&D departments and research establishments looking to develop next generation technologies and solutions.