Tokyo Electron Device, TB-6V-LX760-LSI
Release of TB-6V-LX760-LSI LSI Development Test Platform with Virtex-6 FPGA
News Release from:
Tokyo Electron Device Limited
14 June 2010
Tokyo Electron Device Limited (TED) has today announced the release of the TB-6V-LX760-LSI LSI development test platform featuring a Xilinx Virtex®-6 FPGA.
Released under TED's inrevium* brand, the TB-6V-LX760-LSI incorporates a Virtex-6 LX760 FPGA which features maximum density, high speed internal logic and high bandwidth interface. These features allow the TB-6V-LX760-LSI to combine higher bandwidth and performance with lower power consumption. With high-speed memory (DDR3 SDRAM 1066 Mbps) and a USB interface included as standard features together with support for a DDR memory controller and the standard DDR PHY interface (DFI), the new TB-6V-LX760-LSI is an ideal test platform for developing the LSIs that will serve as the core device in products featuring the next generation of high-quality image processing engines or video and communications control engines.
The TB-6V-LX760-LSI is one of the domain platforms developed by TED in accordance with the Targeted Design Platform concept promoted by Xilinx. Because the platform provides ten industry-standard FPGA mezzanine card (FMC)*1 connectors, it can be flexibly customized to support a range of different interfaces by attaching other FMC cards available from TED, which include LVDS interface cards, pin-header conversion cards, and Ethernet interface cards. Similarly, multiple boards can be stacked via the main expansion I/O to support even larger scale developments.
By using the TB-6V-LX760-LSI in conjunction with the supplied reference designs, the development workload associated with tasks such as FPGA design and application software can be reduced significantly to help bring new end-products to market more quickly.
For the future, TED intends to release a series of daughter boards to support interfaces such as USB 3.0.
*1 The FPGA mezzanine cards (FMCs) comply with the VITA standard
- Incorporates a Virtex-6 Series LX760 FPGA device which is one of the largest FPGAs currently available
- High-speed on-board DDR3 SDRAM (1066 Mbps)
- Multiple boards can be stacked to further expand the FPGA size
- A large number of FMC connectors are provided to support a wide range of different interfaces
- Supports configuration from an SD card
- Various reference designs are available, including for a DDR3 SDRAM interface
Key Functions of the Virtex-6 LX760 FPGA
- Suitable for SoC development with maximum logic gate size, internal memory and DSP function
- High speed 1066Mbps memory interface
- Wide-band parallel interface utilizing 1.4 Gbps SelectIO™ technology