OpenATE Combines Its QSPI Cards and NI-PXI Chassis for Most Effective and Lowest Cost MEMS Test Solutions
News Release from:
11 May 2011
Traditional pattern-based ATEs become less efficient and more expensive in testing I2C/SPI interface with multi-sites (16 sites in parallel). A PXI-based test system using OpenATE's QSPI (Quad-Site Parallel Interface) modular instruments and NI Chassis is the best solution for MEMS IC, Analog IC, Power IC testing. QSPI card exhibits not only superior performance but also excellent capability for digital instrumentations. It combines high-performance pin electronics, four I2C/SPI masters, four 32-bit counters, and supporting four PMUs per board in a compact 3U PXI form factor.
Currently, MEMS products for consumer electronics come with the I2C/SPI interface. In order to optimize production efficiency, MEMS companies are desperately looking for a new, low-cost ATE generation with the I2C/SPI interface and parallel-testing capability.
MEMS Test Challenge
Motion sensor needs to accelerate while seating into a DUT board during sensitivity test. Thus, the handler and rotator become a key investment for MEMS testing. Mechanical movement or rotation definitely requires extra test times. In order to help solve this issue, OpenATE has designed and manufactured a powerful QSPI test module which not only preserves all test functions of a traditional IC tester but also provides the I2C/SPI interface, parallel-testing capability. Each QSPI card can test four sites simultaneously with the best performance and lowest cost.
OpenATE's 16-site system for complete lowest-cost motion sensor (gyroscope/accelerometer) test solutions includes:
• OpenATE Software: MTS2 (Free Download)
• I2C: QSPI x 4
• DPS: PEMU32
• Chassis: NI PXI-1033
• Handler Interface: NI GPIB
In short, PXI-based ATE system with OpenATE’s QSPI can provide users with the following benefits:
1. Smallest Size, Lowest Cost
• Only one five-slot chassis can provide complete 16-site DC/Function
• Adding one more chassis, users can expand as many test sites as needed
2. Simplest ATE Test Software Platform
• MTS2 software platform is easy to connect and integrate with other handlers and rotators
• MTS2 C/C++ development environments are very common and popular for users
• MTS2 with one test program can provide multi-site test functions. Only one test program can test any amount of DUT.
3. Most Flexible Test Platform
• To adjust test instruments to apply to others MEMS productions
• One PXI based standard platform can reduce investment and save cost